The “Pink Tax” is real and it is affecting women nationwide

Society has created a distinct line between males and females for centuries. Despite legislation and school administrative decisions, our current society is pushing towards a more inclusive reality. Current generations have worked to remove that line by encouraging gender fluidity and non-binary identities. Despite the push in encouraging visibility for all genders socially, there is still a divisive factor economically.

The “Pink Tax”, named because of the color of the items taxed, emphasizes the further gender inequality within the United States’ economy. Not only are women being paid less than their male constituents, but they are being charged more because of their gender.

The “Pink Tax” increases the cost of items such as deodorant, clothing, and razors. All of the products that are included in the tax are comparable to the ingredients and make of products that are produced for a male market. Don’t believe statistics? Take a trip down the aisles of any Target and see for yourself. A study conducted by the New York Department of Consumer Affairs estimated that females pay about 7% more on products that are almost identical to male products.

Companies such as Old Navy, Target, Levi’s, and Dove have raising their prices to implement the “Pink Tax”. However, the tax isn’t just found in major American retailers. Women also experience an increase in prices for things such as haircuts, insurance policies and even car services.  A 2012 study conducted by business students at Northwestern University suggests that women were quoted higher than men in auto repair shops. Although the study didn’t suffice as conclusive evidence for the student’s specific hypothesis, it provided a greater audience with a new perspective on gender inequality within a broader spectrum.

In addition to the “Pink Tax”, there is also another tax that bombards American females’ bank accounts. The notorious “tampon tax” is a globally recognized tax, and taxes female sanitary items that aren’t just limited to tampons. Daily News estimates that Americans are taxed about 4 to 9 percent on sanitary items. However, these taxes vary nationwide, and some states such as Minnesota and New Jersey don’t tax these items at all.

The average box of tampons costs around $7, and because 70 percent of female Americans attest to using tampons, 70 percent of female Americans are affected by this tax. Unfortunately, women all across the nation are economically penalized for having a working uterus. Without the use of proper sanitary items, women are subject to infections such as reproductive tract infections (RTI)  and urinary tract infections (UTI).

Both the “Tampon Tax” and the “Pink Tax” impact women globally; however, speaking on a smaller scale, the taxes greatly impact homeless women in America. According to multimedia company, Bustle, 39.7 percent of homeless people in the United States are women.

“Every month they [homeless women] are placed in a crisis situation. You shouldn’t have to decide between a pad and having lunch,” New York City council member Julissa Ferreras-Copeland stated in a Bustle video produced in 2016.

The disapproval of these taxes isn’t about being liberal or conservative, it is about questioning whether or not women should be taxed for being women. Regardless of one’s political position or personal beliefs, there are clear facts that prove that these taxes are hurting women throughout the world, but more importantly, in our country. Education is the first step in taking on these taxes and inequalities.

Girl Talk is a platform where we talk about girls, not for girls. Join the conversation.

About the Writer
Abbey Malbon, Spotlight Reporter
Abbey Malbon is in 11th grade and is a spotlight writer. She is involved with Literary Magazine, Best Buddies and Fresh Connect. She spends her free time watching That 70’s show reruns and writing emo poems.

60 Responses to “The “Pink Tax” is real and it is affecting women nationwide”

1. Ellie Heney on December 12th, 2017 7:27 am

abbey malbon is a wizard

Right-Wing Representer Reply:

First off, let me say that this is definitely not a piece of wizardry. The main point I see being brought to light here is that women are paying more for the “same” products as men. This I do not seem to comprehend because if they were the same exact product why would women be paying more? The answer to this is that they are not. These products are specially designed for women, making the cost of them more expensive. Say two people bought the same exact car and model, but one person decides to get customized wheels to make their cars traction better in harsh conditions. The person who bought the customized car would obviously be paying more than the one buying the normal car, just as women pay more for products that are specially designed for them that they do not need, but want to have. If you so truly believe women’s products are more expensive them men’s then why would you not decide to use that brain of yours for once and buy men’s products instead if your goal is to save money?

2. Ya boi, A concerned metea student on December 12th, 2017 7:30 am

Who cares?

Raniyah Naylor Reply:

Personally I care along with any other guy who has regard for women. You guys get paid more in the business world and yet here we are paying more for necessities when we are the ones getting paid less. I honestly think you should be more considerate to the situation and others opinions, after all, no one said you had to agree.

прямой белый самец Reply:

1. you aren’t being paid less, if you were businesses would only hire women, I don’t see this happening, the wage gap is a myth, yet since people like google don’t understand this they pay their female employees more, which is atrocious
    2. the “necessities” you are paying for are yours, not ours, so you should pay for them because they are exclusive to a group of people (women) that’s why they are more expensive, that’s what happens when you seclude items to certain people

darkstripe Reply:

i don’t know… maybe there’s a chance that women might be concerned? it’s not like, oh i don’t know… the article IS ABOUT THEM

целый энчилада Reply:

About them, not just for them.

3. Common Sense on December 12th, 2017 7:31 am

Yeah I am sure that a bunch of guys get together in a room and they think “hmm how could we oppress women today?” “Oh, I know, lets increase the price of their products by about 7% on average!” “Great idea! You get a promotion”. This statistic is false. The quality of things like men’s and women’s razors are different. Women need higher quality razors because of the different use than men. If you don’t believe this, then go only buy men’s razors. After all, according to you they should be the same.

Hm... Reply:

So this is a fake statistic? The New York Department of Consumer Affairs is wrong because you have an opinion?

прямой белый самец Reply:

I don’t think the statistic s false but just misinterpreted

4. Rafael on December 12th, 2017 7:36 am

While I won’t disagree with your points about the two different taxes I will disagree with your statement that women are paid less than men. If this was true companies would only hire female workers because it would maximize profits.

5. The Dusty Dindu on December 12th, 2017 8:05 am

U didn’t know

6. Maggie on December 12th, 2017 8:10 am

I love this article! Each one gets better and shines light on issues that need to be talked about and fixed because our society thinks that it is okay to do these horrible things to women when we never get a say. Great article and can’t wait to see more.

прямой белый самец Reply:

Horrible things? the fact you might have to pay 30 cents more for an item is Horrible? the fact you cant get others to pay for your birth control is Horrible? if you want to talk horrible men have the lower hand by far. men have to pay alimony cases, men always lose custody of their children, the majority of our armed forces is men, men fight all the wars, male death rates in the workplace are staggering, and the worst part is, were denied support for any of these things

Hm... Reply:

And all of the stuff straight white male mentioned is definitely unjust but that doesn’t excuse this tax.

целый энчилада Reply:

Why is it unjust? Being straight white and a male makes him a criminal in today’s society? He’s here to tell you that there is nothing wrong with his opinion just because he’s white straight and male, and you tell him otherwise.

прямой белый самец Reply:

thank goodness your the first person to actually translate the name but apart from that how is it unjust? how can you just blow off deaths that could have been female but are male because society requires so, to just say “that’s unjust” is just terrible, i don’t blow off female deaths but I do blow off the Pink tax and wage gap myths because those won’t kill you, already I’m already far more likely to die then you are just because I’m male, so yes all this “unjust’ speech does excuse the tax that most likely doesn’t even exist and is just another tax, just like everything else is taxed. Why? the government needs money so they pull it from the product , in case you didn’t know that’s how taxes work

7. Nehc Neb on December 12th, 2017 8:29 am

In my own opinion, I disagree with most of the “Pink Tax.” In most of these scenarios, it is not a “tax” but instead just a marketing strategy; women are more likely to care about their appearance and pay more money for certain clothes and products, and thus companies will try to make products marketed to women more expensive. This isn’t really anything sexist, but it is helpful just to inform women about this, as they could buy “men’s” products as they are mostly equal. I do agree with your statement about tampons and other sanitation products, but while it isn’t optional to buy these, we also have to pay money for items such as toilet paper and towels; this isn’t some form of sexism, but rather items just having costs and that item just pertaining to certain people. I think that describing this as “sexism” would be similar to describing having to buy diapers for a baby “ageism.”

woman Reply:

While I do agree with your point on how people have to pay for toilet paper and towels, in many places (college campuses especially) non-essential items such as condoms are given out for free. In places like these at least, tampons and pads should be offered for free.

прямой белый самец Reply:

condoms can be handed out because its literally just shaped latex, tampons, and pads are a little more difficult to get your hands on as well as the fact that condoms literally prevent birth, so there’s a little more heavy of a meaning behind it, but hey if you manage to land your hands on a stockpile of tampons, feel free to hand em out, I could care less

Ellie Heney Reply:

Nehc,
    If the article was demonstrating woman’s caring more about their appearances it would discuss the pink tax being on items like makeup, jewelry and such. This is not whats being illustrated. The pink tax isn’t something you can “agree or disagree” on it is a fact that the pink fact is a very prevalent tax for women. So your first sentence is truly incorrect. Items like razors and deodorant that both men and women use will be priced higher for women just based off their gender. Also women are not going to use men razors or men deodorant because those items are not designed to fit a women’s body. To be honest your response to this article makes very little sense to me because every point you make can be debunked by re reading this article.

Argument Analyst Reply:

Ellie, your counter-argument is quite compelling, and your structure is quite fantastic. However, you are using absolutes, which is what causes people to really attach to your argument. Looking in on a content-based level, you have some very great points, but you should back yourself up with some evidence to prove your point. On the discord of “The Pink Tax”, I think that The Pink Tax is real, but is often blown out of proportion by many people, which is most likely the point Nehc was trying to make. When we talk about gendered products, most female products tend to cost more because they’re made specifically for the female body. For example, women have a thinner layer of skin in comparison to males, so they would need thinner or gentler blades, which would be more work to make, thus costing more. Another example of this would be deodorants. Women’s deodorant often has a flower/citrus smell associated with it, and will more than likely have more product in it than that of men’s deodorant, making it cost more. Your argument makes a lot of sense, and provides a pretty good point, but there are often misconceptions as to why these feminine products cost more, and it’s more than just blatant sexism. It has to deal with products being specific for their intended user, and sometimes it just costs more because there’s more work that goes into the product. You could go conduct some of your own personal research if you so wish by going to your local Wal-Mart, Target, or any other generic store, and then drawing your own conclusions. Other than that, your argument holds up pretty well, keep fighting for your cause and be informed about it.

целый энчилада Reply:

Ellie, what you don’t understand is women pay more for their products because they’re not the same as men’s products. If you have such a problem with it, use men’s razors, men’s soaps, and other men’s products and you can see the difference for yourself. There is no tax. If I buy Chevy spark vs a Chevy Camaro one will be more expensive.

Ellie Heney Reply:

That is exactly what I am talking about, Women are not going to use men razors or soaps because they are designed for men! I do not believe any women is going to shave their legs with something that is designed to shave a face. Men products are just as high quality as women. If I buy two items one male deodorant and one female deodorant they should be the same price, if the same amount of time and materials are put into the product, my point is that this is not the case. The female product is consistently more expensive.

Nehc Neb Reply:

Sorry for the confusion. I understand that it doesn’t make sense to say that I “disagree” with the Pink Tax. What I really mean to say is that I disagree with calling Pink Tax a tax. Refer to my last example of buying diapers for babies as ageism. While I do think that certain women’s hygiene products should be free, this isn’t sexism as similar problems apply to men and women, across differing ages.
    I do partially agree with you in saying that items for women will be priced higher just because of their gender though; the added “citrus scent” is probably not the main cause of the price increase, but companies know that women, who generally care more about their appearance than men do, will be more willing to pay more money than men. If you think this is a problem, then just buy men’s products or unisex products.

Ethan Montenegro Reply:

You person are a genius, you deserve a Noble Peace Prize for your intelligent closing!

8. Young Abe Lincoln on December 12th, 2017 8:45 am

Maybe the materials used to make such products for women are more expensive? Have we considered that before asking for a handout?

9. just sayin on December 12th, 2017 10:26 am

Wow so Old Navy (GAP) are endorsing the ”pink tax” but they are huge endorses for equal pay for women hmm interesting

10. Chris on December 12th, 2017 10:48 am

See in the last article there was a suggestion for free birth control and other services to women at the expense of others tax dollars. But yet now she’s against taxing women more to pay for their free birth control?
    Shes essentially saying through these last two “Girl Talk” articles “We as women want things from our government but yet we don’t want to pay for it. instead, we want the rich and also the men to pay for it even though that these items we want for free cant even be used by the male gender”
    And if that didn’t make sense let me put it in simple terms.
    If you want something, you need to work and pay for it by yourself. Not sit around and complain about how others should be paying for a WOMAN ONLY luxury.
    Now back to the supposed “Pink Tax” see here in the united states there’s actually a tax on everything from feminine products to a can of cola. So saying that this pink tax is discriminating against women is just ridiculous because everyone male or female has to pay taxes on everything they buy. And saying that women shouldn’t have to pay the tax is just stupid. that’s like a smoker saying “Oh I shouldn’t have to pay the taxes that come with my cigarettes because I need them”
    So overall taxes are applied to everything sold in the United States. Ergo were not going to cut a tax on feminine products just because girls FEEL discriminated against.

Raniyah Naylor Reply:

I see your point but referring to your smoker example, smoking is not a necessity. That is an issue that can be helped and cured whereas a woman can’t exactly stop herself from bleeding because it’s natural. Therefore yes, this is worth talking about and trying to change because it’s not like we choose to go through pain and bleed once a month for the rest of our lives just to be able to carry another human being.

прямой белый самец Reply:

its not bleeding thats the problem but rather the fact women are trying to get others to pay for their materials, thats just simply not how things work
    if you can find a good solution to get feminine care products to most women without placing the price on others, tell me

прямой белый самец Reply:

Amen

11. political student on December 12th, 2017 11:42 am

I agree with nehc neb

12. C28 on December 12th, 2017 12:05 pm

As a reasonable human being, “being charged more because of their gender” makes 0 sense. It’s not sexist that women have a menstrual cycle and it is not a company’s obligation to make products such as pain killing drugs, tampons, nor pads. The simple fact is, women are different from men and this annoys people. Get over it, as women, you don’t have a penis, you don’t have the male chromosome , you don’t have to go to war if your country demands, you don’t have to be emotionless, strong, nor pay for dinner. There are ups and downs to being male, and ups and downs female.

So please, be reasonable.

– A man

13. целый энчилада on December 12th, 2017 12:52 pm

To start, In all of these “Girl Talk” articles I have to justify each and every time how men have a 1100% higher chance of death in the workforce over women, account for 99% all laborious jobs, make up 85% of our military, and have built the united states from the ground up, literally. Our military, government, and infrastructure were all built by men. The reason I state this on every one of these articles is because it is never recognized by women or men alike. Instead we talk about how terrible it is that women pay for a product they need. Men pay for razors, soap, hair products, and most other things women buy except feminine hygiene products. I’ll also state how many have a 400% chance of killing themselves over women. Yet that’s irrelevant compared to tampons prices.

Hm... Reply:

The reason more women didn’t contribute to where we are today is because they weren’t. allowed. to. All of the stats you brought up are valid and should be talked about, but that doesn’t mean the pink tax is unimportant. Why don’t you make a blog or write a letter to the editor if you feel so strongly about these problems? More people need to know about this.

целый энчилада Reply:

They could since the 1920’s, yet they haven’t, and during WWII women were strong and did help with some of the dangerous jobs that needed to be done for the war effort because men were drafted to war, yet those type of women have since disappeared, why? I don’t know. I understand there are things women are better at, but what I said still applies. After the 20’s so much infrastructure to get where we are today. Women today can partake in what men endure, but don’t. Hows that for equality?

целый энчилада Reply:

And to answer your question, we can agree that this should be talked about, and thank you for not being defensive and being a little more open to the subject.

прямой белый самец Reply:

fun fact, women weren’t allowed those positions back then but as the feminists say, its 2017 and its time for a change so women are allowed to take violent jobs that slowly kill them so if you want to argue about male problems you need to look at it from a male standpoint, which means a whole host of things
    like being denied support for many of the things women get support for, having to be ok with the fact you are more likely to die than women and also more likely to die sooner. and again, the pink tax is there because if products are specific to one group of people, they are bound to be expensive, because they are limited to just females, not males, and when you cut half the population off of the buyers list thing tend to get more expensive to satisfy the companies needs, if you pay the pink tax your tampons, pads, etc are still in production. and for the last sentence, i Would definitely LOVE to talk to whoever wrote this article and целый энчилада would also probably LOVE to discuss a few thing with them as well

14. Concerned Citizen on December 12th, 2017 1:23 pm

“Pink Tax”? How about the Blue Tax? Here are some situations where men are forced to pay more than women:

Car Insurance: Over his entire lifetime, the average American man will pay $15,000 more than the average American woman (CoverHound.com).

Nightclubs/parties: Women are often able to get into nightclubs for free, while men are forced to pay a ‘cover’. Additionally, once inside, men are often expected to purchase drinks for their female companions.

Nail Salons: For manicures and pedicures, men are often charged more than women. According to Salon.com, “On average men spend $37.14 on manicures compared to women’s $24.38.”

So, as you can see, it goes both ways. Men are charged more for some things, and women are charged more for others. In the end, it all evens out.

Also, I largely agree with the remarks that “Nehc Neb” made. A company will sell its products for the highest price that people are willing to pay. So, if women are willing to pay more, the company will charge more.

darkstripe Reply:

but do men really need nail manicures and nightclubs? no. women, on the other hand, do need things like tampons and other feminine hygiene products. hmmm

The Woman Reply:

But do women really need nail manicures and nightclubs? no.

“women, on the other hand, do need things like tampons and other feminine hygiene products. hmmm”

“need” hmmm I used paper towels/toilet paper, that worked. Granted it was very uncomfortable, but it worked. You can also use garlic as a tampon and it also prevents yeast infection. I didn’t use it but my comrade did.

– a person whose gonna have their period next week

really? Reply:

Are you seriously suggesting that someone should use garlic as a tampon?

darkstripe Reply:

you still are gonna need money to buy garlic tho

прямой белый самец Reply:

hey your saying that women NEED tampons
    before tampons, there were other ways of keeping yourself clean so in a way, they’re not even a necessity

The Woman Reply:

Look it up. You can grow your own garlic if you please.

The Woman Reply:

At least there’s no ‘pink tax’ on garlic.

15. Pete Read on December 12th, 2017 2:11 pm

A few items ought to be discussed here. The argument brought forth is essentially “Certain feminine items should have reduced prices due to a relatively higher price when compared to near-identical masculine products.” Some examples used are hygiene products, hair cuts, insurance expenses, and auto-repair expenses. It should be clarified that all of these examples are demographic based OR client based. One may be forced to pay more for a women’s hair cut or a serious repair to a car, however a woman will not pay more for something like a hot dog. Let’s address each issue individually here (hygiene products last).
    Hair cuts: These services really should be client-based, but many choose to stick to a fixed price. It is because everyone’s hair is different that this issue is tricky. To keep a balance of revenue and labor, most service providers opt into making generalizations about demographics. Women tend to have longer hair than men, therefore, more work must be expended when cutting the hair of a female. While this is subject to sometimes be false, it is a necessary generalization. Truthfully, the idea here is that most work requires greater pay. I’d argue that this is a justified price increase for women.
    Insurance expenses: Speaking very generally, this MAY be due to liability. Insurance in itself is a flawed concept, to be fair. Without citing evidence, it is reasonable to believe that women may be a greater liability to insurance providers. Breast cancer alone is a terrifying thing for a company that provides medical insurance to cover. Not only that, but other factors may play into greater rates for insurance. Insurance is typically client-based, but demographics will often affect price. Is it unreasonable for Jews to be charged more for a plan covering Chron’s disease? Such philosophical concept should be discussed further.
    Auto-repair: IIHS reports that men are more likely to be involved in fatal car accidents, however it is noted that women tend to be involved in more minor crashes. As it is more likely that a small fender-bender will end in a car repair, and fatal crashes will typically end with a totaled car, it is reasonable to assume women will more often require services from auto-repair shops. Assuming the statistic you sited is a pooled statistic (much like that regarding the disputed “wage gap”), the increased pay for auto repairs women deal with appears to be justified.
    Hygiene products: Regarding hygiene products, excluding tampons, this is a simple issue with the market. To argue this is punishment for women, or that companies are trying to hurt women is an absurd notion. It is more likely that these companies willingly charge at a higher rate because people pay for it. No one forces the consumer to purchase an expensive product rather than an inexpensive product. The statistic used states that the 7% increase to price is an average. That factors in the extremes. That is not to say all feminine hygiene products are to be held at that standard. That general rule of Capitalism is that, if a product ceases to be consumed, it will first reduce in price, then stop being produced. Protest high prices for these products with your wallet. My suggestion to combat this trend would be to stop purchasing such products.
    Subcategory – Tampons: Your position on a solution is rather vague. It appears as if you are leaning towards a future of free tampons. It baffles me to know my fellow student(s) are willing to argue for such a future, but I will try my best to address this issue calmly. Do you pay for toilet paper? That’s not a rhetorical question. Chances are, most people pay for toilet paper. As far as I know, the excessive Gov. Handouts in Illinois do not extend to toilet paper. So why, then, would one expect to receive free tampons. If your argument is not sympathetic of a free-tampon movement, let’s discuss the proposal that tampons ought to be cheaper. Rules of Capitalism, refer to my argument regarding other hygiene products. The Government does not control the market. It is a free market. Your money speaks louder than words. If anyone is reading this, feel free to counter my counter argument with a counter-counter argument.

Metea Media Reader Reply:

I’d first like to thank you for creating such a diverse discussion in your “Girl Talk” section of Metea Media. I’d also like to raise a couple points. I’m just wondering: “have you ever thought about sexism from a male’s perspective?”. Certainly you have not because you lacked in mentioning the fact that men also face sexism in similar ways. Any quality piece of opinionated writing will acknowledge the opposing view. This article lacks that. I understand that your goal is too persuade the reader that “The “Pink Tax” is real and it is affecting women nationwide”. Furthermore, would you mind attaching the article where you stated “A study conducted by the New York Department of Consumer Affairs estimated that females pay about 7% more on products that are almost identical to male products.” Lastly, I’d like to mention 2 very big ways men are treated less fairly than women: teenage boys insurance almost always costs more than female girls insurance (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwilgtqby4fYAhVG5oMKHUPqAgQQFgg8MAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.carinsurancecomparison.com%2Fwhy-is-the-cost-of-car-insurance-more-expensive-for-boys-than-for-girls%2F&usg=AOvVaw012IGFrM3_npXw4oGpQ3_W) and that men are REQUIRED BY LAW to sign-up for the Selective Service. I’m not arguing that this is unfair to do to men all I’m saying is that we also experience unfairness in society. I’m completely fine with the selective service. It would allow me to give back to such a great country and fight for our freedoms.

Nothing in life is free,

Metea Media Reader

16. Raniyah Naylor on December 12th, 2017 9:52 pm

Keep talking about these topics no matter what the comments say. We didn’t ask to bleed once a month and being charged more for sanitary products is almost like a punishment. Society already looks at menstrual cycles as disgusting and weird but then also raises the prices on the products that keep the situation at bay. I totally agree with you and what you said in this article. Keep pushing through the ignorance and spreading awareness on such topics as these.

целый энчилада Reply:

I agree with Raniyah, keep writing these articles no matter what we say. It gives everyone a chance to talk about so much outside of this school. Whether I agree with you or not Abbey, I have to say thank you. I also want to state, I have no hate for what you do on Metea Media.

And as for you Raniyah, periods are natural, as with defecating, vomiting, body odor, nasal mucus, and other fairly gross “natural” human actions. I don’t shame women for having them, but I wouldn’t talk about what I last left in the toilet to my friends in public, like I’ve heard women talk about their periods. Some things, natural or not, are just gross and should stay to yourself.

прямой белый самец Reply:

i may not seem like it but i can third thank everyone for talking in this discussion especially at a developmental time In our lives where mental stimulation is crucial to being able to support your beliefs

17. #whatifthehatersdabback on December 13th, 2017 11:49 am

why do you want to make men pay taxes tampons that they don’t even use???????

pink tax? more like taxes. deal with them.

18. Mary on December 13th, 2017 12:06 pm

Replying to most comments, the wage gap ISN’T REAL, get over it.

прямой белый самец Reply:

THANK YOU!

mae strip tywyll yn anabl Reply:

They are also blocking appropriate speech that is in opposition to their claims.

целый энчилада Reply:

.The wage gap is false, but the earnings gap is real. its not because of misogyny in the unites states, its because women work less than men. its not bad, its just true. Your work load is personal to you, but if you work less you get paid less. Women take more time off, retire earlier, and on a general basis will work shorter shifts. Men and women are paid equally for the same work, its just on an average basis.

19. steven L on December 14th, 2017 10:40 am

cool!!!! nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Anonymous Cheese on December 17th, 2017 9:05 am
  21. Reee on December 18th, 2017 8:10 am

Just buy a diva cup lmao

• The “Pink Tax” is real and it is affecting women nationwide

Girl Talk with Abbey Malbon

Girl Talk: House of Representatives passes controversial sex trafficking laws

Girl Talk with Abbey Malbon

Girl Talk: Mississippi passes the most restrictive abortion act in the nation

Girl Talk with Abbey Malbon

Girl Talk: Defining the modern feminist

Girl Talk with Abbey Malbon

Recent Women’s Marches emphasize “power to the polls”

Girl Talk with Abbey Malbon

Girl Talk: Teen Vogue Summit

Girl Talk with Abbey Malbon

Birth control is basic healthcare. Period.

Sports

Boys’ Volleyball record season comes to a close

Galleries

Gallery: Class of 2018 Graduation

Sports

Weekly Sports Update: 5/21-26

13 reasons why season two is terrible *SPOILERS*