Filed under News

Josh T Magic hosts second Show and Sell

Joshua Talbot-Bowe (also known as Josh T Magic) hosted Show and Sell 002, his second open mic night for young creative artists and entrepreneurs, last night. Teenagers from as close as Naperville to as far as Bolingbrook came to The Comedy Shrine to show off their talents. Performances varied from rappers and cyphers to magic to small businesses and a motivational speaker.

Besides performing some of his magic routine, Josh also hosted the event. As soon as doors opened, performers came in to reserve their time slot on stage. “I wanted to start these as a place to bring artist together,” Talbot-Bowe said. Most of the performers were rappers or dancers, but the theme of the evening was creativity. Part of the vision for the event was to provide a stage for the sorts rapping, dancing, and performing not often encouraged in high school environments. “School is what, in my opinion, pushes art out of the way,” Talbot-Bowe said.

Among the talent was senior Josh Trunck, also known as Wae. He started performing in middle school after winning an anti-bullying contest with his lyrics on the subject. He performed two songs at Show and Sell, the first titled ‘Wildflower’. “It’s a song I actually wrote specifically for my mother, and some of the trials and tribulations she went through in her childhood,” Trunck said. He’s currently working on his next project, which will be on his Soundcloud when it drops (soundcloud.com/waeofficial).

One of the entrepreneurs showcased at the show was junior Brandon Baumet from Batavia high school. He bakes, packages, and sells energy bars on his website (bsquaredbars.com). “I knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur, I’ve always been selling stuff, just randomly, my entire life. It’s kind of in my DNA,” Baumet said. He runs his business on his own, taking out a loan to start out but quickly began to run a profit. He’s excited about the Show and Sell shows and what his friends are doing there. “Everybody’s appreciating something other than the norms that we all know,” Baumet said.

Tyler Burleyson, Sports Reporter
Tyler Burleyson is a senior and a new sports writer for MeteaMedia. His passions include classical music, jazz music, hip hop music, instrumental music, and talking about himself. If you want to talk about Tyler, find him on Twitter @burleysontyler. He’s also a member of Metea’s Wind Ensemble, an officer of Tri-M Music Honors Society,...

4 Responses to “Josh T Magic hosts second Show and Sell”

1. darkstripe on January 26th, 2018 2:21 pm

“also known as wae”
    ok is this a ugadan knuckles joke? @josh trunck we need confirmation

2. Isaiah Spence on January 29th, 2018 8:56 am

These show and sells are lit and improve every single time, the amount of people increase every single time. It’s an amazing way to network

3. David Ruthless on January 29th, 2018 9:04 am

IF you are somebody who wants to start their own business, the classes provided are definitely not enough for you. You need to experience first-handed the struggles of growing and the grind you have to take to get to the point you want. IF you want to become a know artist.. go meet new people, go follow other artists on Instagram, go present yourself and be confident at your work.

Go to Show & Sell 003 if you always wanted to grow as an entrepreneur. If you want to start up your own business, this networking event will be the best “head start” for you. Not only you gain a decently large network, they’re people who are willing to buy your products, not just say they will.

4. Daniel Talbot-Bowe on January 29th, 2018 11:08 am

Show and Sell is so fun! If you’re an artist, entrepreneur, or a creator you need to come to the next one!!

• Josh T Magic hosts second Show and Sell

News

Unified basketball team receives mayoral recognition

News

‘Our Town’ introduces new take on theater

News

BREAKING NEWS: Student found with a knife at school

News

LMC holds author visit with actor Keegan Allen

The Mane

The rise of kids dropping Encore classes

News

WE Day motivates students to make a difference

News

Senior checkout in LMC to return Chromebooks

News

Vote for your most influential teacher

News

Submit your questions for Keegan Allen

News

Submit your “Senior Secret”

Josh T Magic hosts second Show and Sell