Filed under Entertainment

Valentine’s Day Alternatives: Gamers Style

Are you sad about not having a lover this Valentine’s Day? Don’t worry, because with the help of video games, the gaping sized hole of loneliness in your heart can be filled! Find romance in a variety of ways this holiday with virtual love.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Starting with the best game from 2017, this fabulous adventure is more than just stunning graphics and engaging storytelling. It also has beautiful characters that are just eye-candy galore. Sure, you have Zelda, the princess of Hyrule herself, but with a cast filled with characters including Mipha, Urbosa, Prince Sidon, and Link, who needs genuine relationships?

Life is Strange

Life is Strange is a beautiful game that takes on time travel and the idea of the butterfly effect. The game focuses on Max, the artsy protagonist on a mysterious journey with an overlooking decision, do you date Chloe or Warren? All of your decisions matter, and so does the person you end up with. Your best option is Chloe, a blue-haired troublemaker who reeks of anarchy and mystery, but then there is Warren, the male love interest who is a movie nerd. Take this Valentine’s Day to make important decisions in your life.

Super Mario Odyssey

Super Mario Odyssey is meant for the gamers who despise love and want to spend Valentine’s Day seeking revenge. Destroying Peach’s wedding with Bowser is the overarching conflict. If this Wednesday you’re finding yourself rather repulsed by the mere thought of romance, this game will be a great way to take that out.

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Another game filled with weddings is Skyrim. However, unlike Super Mario Odyssey, Skyrim’s marriages aren’t part of the story, but whoever you chose to marry can bring benefits to your journey. Spouses can be a great addition when facing dragons and trolls. The best part of this is that when they die in combat, they come back to life. This, in a loving sense, breaks your death-do-you-part-vow. Skyrim is perfect for those who just want someone they can rely on over and over again.

Stardew Valley

Stardew Valley is a great game for those who love money. Not on the receiving end, but the giving. This pixelated farming simulator has more than just cows and chickens, it has a lot of marriage candidates. You’re able to swoon anyone, male or female, if you’re willing to give away your life savings. If you give them enough diamonds, they might even make you breakfast.

The Stanley Parable

If this Valentine’s Day you find yourself wanting to be alone, try out The Stanley Parable. You play as Stanley, the only worker in a large empty business, trying to find anyone or anything that resembles life. With only a narrator who occasionally gives guidance, you wander in silence for hours. How lovely.

Pikmin

Instead of swooning over someone else, have fun with an army of fans to do your bidding. In Pikmin, you play as a mini astronaut who landed on a mysterious planet. With the help of creatures called Pikmin that you find along your journey, you’ll be able to solve puzzles and fight enemies.When crossing a planet filled with creatures that want to eat you, you’re not able to fight, but your Pikmin can. Pikmin will sacrifice their life for you, and that keeps you safe. Love is in the air with Pikmin, just like their souls.

L.A. Noire

Don’t want to fall in love with another being? Try falling in love with your career! In L.A. Noire, your passion for completing detective missions will be just as rewarding as completing a successful date. Who knows, on a mission you might be drawn into an action-packed battle! Now that is an entertaining way to spend your Valentine’s Day alone.

44 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Alternatives: Gamers Style”

1. прямой белый самец on February 14th, 2018 7:26 am

the only good game i can find in this list is skyrim

2. zachary Min on February 14th, 2018 7:28 am

IM LONELY 4 life

3. Nehc Neb on February 14th, 2018 7:34 am

meme.

Nehc Neb Reply:

the art’s pretty good tho.

4. Nintendo #1 Fan on February 14th, 2018 8:02 am

You don’t know us because NONE OF THIS IS TRUE! Stop treating Super Mario Odyssey terribly.

Reality Doctor Reply:

I know right.

Nintendo #1 Fan Reply:

Treating Mario like he has serious mental issues.

darkstripe Reply:

they don’t seem to realize the whole point of the game. someone in that class hates mario, but i don’t know who

Nintendo #1 Fan Reply:

The creator of this article hates Mario, and non credible.

Minnow Reply:

You don’t know the writer and you cannot say that with such certainty. Also there should be an “is” in that sentence and no comma. You’re a high school student. Come on, man.

Minnow Reply:

Your Logical Fallacy: Ad Hominem
    Your Friend: Google

Minnow Reply:

This is the same writer who wrote the article praising Odyssey. Also she IS “one of you” and you really should stop assuming things and presenting them as facts.

Nintendo #1 Fan Reply:

She isn’t if she thinks that Mario Odyssey wouldn’t be good because Mario is in a GTA type setting and based things off old games. The way I give my opinions and comment is none of your concern and there are plenty of you who shoot people down for, oh you know, GIVING THEIR OPINIONS! I don’t accept her as one of us. The Odyssey article was her praising the game but had ridiculous points given, so yeah. I can assume.

Nintendo #1 Fan Reply:

Let’s also not forget that in the graphic, Bowser’s horns are red, and it feels as though she sounds like she plays a lot less in her life than she gives herself credit for.

Nintendo #1 Fan Reply:

Yeah, like I’M assuming. Makes sense doesn’t it? Sure. It doesn’t.

5. Confused Metea Student on February 14th, 2018 8:07 am

Isn’t Valentines Day for gamers just hanging out with your best friend eating pizza?

Minnow Reply:

Nah. It’s to gather up all of your money to buy all of the chocolate on sale on the 15th.

Confused Metea Student Reply:

I mean in a “single on valentines day” point of view.

6. Blake J on February 14th, 2018 8:57 am

Normally I keep from commenting, but I absolutely must say: When talking about romance in games, how can you miss Fire Emblem (specifically, Awakening and Fates). While leading an army, get them all married to each other and marry someone yourself, and then get all of their stupidly powerful children… Who you then pair with each other! Also, in the case of fates, whenever you go to your house you’ll be greeted by your spouse once you get one, who’ll pretty much always shower you in love. Try not to get them killed. Or be a coward like me and play on casual. Then they’ll just come back.

Minnow Reply:

Oof. Me too. Also my Morgan is terrifying on the Battlefield. Power level is the strongest in the army.

Learning the family trees of everything in Fates is fun, too. Confusing, but fun xD

(Also everyone is too attractive in Awakening and Fates [I’ve been married like 7 times {I don’t count Chrom on my first playthrough of Awakening}] and I can’t find a boyfriend in real life help me)

7. Mario Canon Expert on February 14th, 2018 9:33 am

By no stretch of the imagination is the wedding in Odyssey Peaches idea. Last I checked being locked in the Binding Band while dangling from a large height while Bowser threatened to roast her best friend was not something she liked.

8. Esteban C on February 14th, 2018 10:20 am

Dope

9. XDFallenGamerGurlllll on February 14th, 2018 10:33 am

Im a gamer girl looking for a gamer bf XD 😛 😉 😀 XDDDD

Slurpy Soup Reply:

For real?

Minnow Reply:

Ew. No. Go away. We don’t need your cringe here. As an actual female video game fan, I can say that without a doubt, your spirit Pokemon is a Salazzle. Look it up.

(Step up your game, Metea Media. I’d say this base comment breaks 2 of your guidelines.)

poke girl Reply:

i can affirmatively say ur spirit pokemon is trubbish

Minnow Reply:

ur grammer n speling is trubbish1!

You have nothing to do with this, Garbodor. Unless you’re this “XDFallenGamerGurlllll” giving me a disease. Then you have everything to do with this and you should stop.

darkstripe Reply:

metea media really likes its dosage of ad hominem in the morning

10. Nekojishi on February 14th, 2018 11:42 am

Nekojishi is a good game play it for cat boys.

11. Slurpy Soup on February 14th, 2018 2:57 pm

Video games fill the void that is my heart.

12. PlayStation Generation on February 14th, 2018 6:17 pm

Skyrim, a wonderful game, one of my favorites to play. But the Stanley Parable is also a decent game. really looking forward to Death Stranding

13. gamingdud on February 15th, 2018 10:58 am

The best game on this list is Stardew Valley. 10/10

14. Reality Doctor on February 15th, 2018 1:39 pm

This is non credible and opinionated.

Minnow Reply:

This is a simple list of good games to play if you have your hormones under control, unlike most of this school. Nothing is opinionated and creditable sources aren’t needed. This is based on experience and are just recommendations. Also it’s under “Entertainment” and not “News.”

Reality Doctor Reply:

Nope, opinionated.

Minnow Reply:

Well, what would you have liked her to have written? Let’s start with that. Let’s start with everything you find “opinionated” and how YOU would change it.

Reality Doctor Reply:

I would’ve been wiser, more credible, and honest with what I had to say. Clearly, I think the points given were petty, and opinionated. I play the game all the time like it’s everything and I can give my thoughts. I doubt you or anyone else cares enough about the game or gaming in general other than me or Nintendo #1 Fan, so I think you shouldn’t say anything.

Reality Doctor Reply:

If I wanted her to say something else, it would be to give the game 10/10 and the fact that she was skeptical of the game because Mario is a meme in GTA is absolutely NOT credible and extremely petty.

15. Triple Joystick Controller on February 15th, 2018 1:52 pm

what about flappy bird

Triple Joystick Controller Reply:

omg yasss

Triple Joystick Controller Reply:

good point man, i also think that infinite warfare is the best

Minnow Reply:

Yo stop replying to your own comments, it’s awkward to read.

16. Minnow on February 20th, 2018 7:38 am

Fallout 4 is the opposite of this. EVERYONE YOU LOVE IS DEAD (Shaun is ummmmm spoilers)

• Valentine’s Day Alternatives: Gamers Style

13 reasons why season two is terrible *SPOILERS*

The history of the podcast

The Evolution of Disney Channel

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery takes up too much energy

Kane County Cougars showcase excellence in sports and entertainment

Infinity War unites fans from all Marvel films *SPOILERS*

John Mulaney kids gorgeously in ‘Kid Gorgeous’

Brittany and Maddie take on: The Food Truck Festival

Liam's Tunes

Liam’s Tunes: May

J. Cole Releases Another Story Telling Album with ‘KOD’