Filed under Profiles

Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Alexa Jordan

Alexa Jordan

Where do you plan on going to college?

Harvard University.

What do you plan on majoring in, and why did you choose it?

Government! I’ve always been interested in history, policy, and foreign affairs. Harvard’s Institute of Politics and Kennedy School of Government is unparalleled!

What was your favorite memory at Metea?

Helping lead the student walkout this past March, spending a weekend in Springfield in the Supreme Court chambers through YMCA Youth & Government, or going rock climbing with StuGo.

What are you most looking forward to in college?

I’m looking forward to studying with some of the best professors, engaging in undergraduate research, and getting to know all of the amazing people.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen or juniors who are about to be seniors?

Work hard, innovate, and always try again. Do things that you love and find subjects that interest you. Don’t try to conform to what you think colleges want to see, and despite the pressure of our area, do not try to do everything at once. It is imperative that you work hard, and remember that sometimes this will mean making sacrifices. Be creative! Start something new that you’re passionate about, and try to impact your community for the good. Most importantly, enjoy your four years here.

17 Responses to “Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan”

1. Damien Arredondo on May 11th, 2018 1:59 pm

Did you know that other people got accepted to Harvard too?

2. xoxo gossip girl on May 14th, 2018 1:09 pm

Kaylin V is going to Harvard too and has been committed longer.. but thats the tea

3. Not the King of MVHS on May 14th, 2018 7:32 am

So what I’m taking out of this is that she is basically the queen of our school, until she goes off.

4. anonymous on May 14th, 2018 11:56 am

She is the queen. Deal with it

5. Not the King of MVHS on May 15th, 2018 7:27 am

Okay wow bro, nothing wrong with it, jeez.

6. . on May 14th, 2018 11:17 am

Yeah you’re right, she is the queen

7. Not a student from this school? on May 14th, 2018 1:23 pm

She is the Queen,and will be the next Queen in Harvard!Also one of the best soccer stars in Harvard ;D

8. Not a student from this school? on May 14th, 2018 1:24 pm

*****Will be one of the best******

9. darkstripe on May 15th, 2018 8:21 am

tfw the comments are all talking about this person being “the queen” or something but you have literally never seen her before

10. Reality Doctor on May 16th, 2018 8:40 am

That’s what i’m taking out of this article.

11. Reality Doctor on May 16th, 2018 11:29 am

Apparently, everybody agrees,

12. Anonymous on May 17th, 2018 9:41 pm

She actually was the homecoming queen and is the President of a lot of clubs.

13. Reality Doctor on May 21st, 2018 8:57 am

Well…

14. YOLO amirite on May 17th, 2018 10:09 pm

Hey, I would just like to inform you of some things!! :)) Number 1: Alexa is the president of many different clubs and she has accomplished many things through Metea. Not that I’m saying other people haven’t, it is just that she is very well accomplished and she deserves to be featured here. Number 2: Why would Metea media create an article about some random person?? They wouldn’t. This article is explaining who she is and what she has done, maybe if you read this, met her, or even joined a club, I’m sure you would’ve seen her this year and known who she is. Number 3: Ok, buddy, I’m not entirely sure whyyy you care that people look up to her and call her a queen. The ones who said that were probably her friends sticking up for her because of snakes like you and felt that she was threatened and wanted to help her. Number 4: Alexa is a true role model. I am not just saying this. I really do hope you get to meet her because she is the best person you will ever met. And lastly, Number 5: If you don’t want to read about people who have probably accomplished more than you because you feel lesser, don’t! I am inspired by Alexa’s work ethic and I am surprised that you are not!! Okay one last thing, take a moment to stop and look and your life and your actions. Are they positive? From what I’ve heard from you is kinda sounding hateful and Metea is NOT about hate. I hope you can learn that and demonstrate it. And, no, I’m not sorry if anything I said offended you.

15. Reality Doctor on May 21st, 2018 8:58 am

If you’re referring to me, than I wasn’t trying to be hateful. I was just drawing a realization.

16. Senior on May 16th, 2018 8:05 am

Congrats Alexa on committing to Harvard! You have worked very hard and genuinely deserve it. I am excited to see where you go in life.

Sincerely, a fellow senior.

17. burned out on May 25th, 2018 1:28 pm

I think it’s been pretty obvious that she has accomplished a lot in this school and deserves her spot at Harvard, but that doesn’t mean she’s the “queen” of this school. This isn’t a constitutional monarchy here, it’s high school. No one rules the school and no one is better than the entirety of the human body just because of their accomplishments because we all can’t be measured on the same scale. There ARE people in this school who have accomplished much more than her in different areas, but that doesn’t mean they’re better than her overall. We’re all successful in our own right. Stop giving titles to people based on what you measure as success.

Anyways, congratulations on your Harvard acceptance, Alexa. You deserve it and I think pretty much the whole student body knows you’re going to accomplish great things in your future.

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Paige Jefferies speaks out against domestic violence

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Students start nonprofit tutoring organization

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Humans of Metea: Macy Margherio

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

The faces of Special Olympics

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Humans of Metea: Emily Pokrant

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Meet the newest additions to the teaching staff

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Humans of Metea: Jorge Samayoa

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Farewell Friday: The Stampede Seniors

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Mr. Oldham shares his musical talent with students

• Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan

Profiles

Farewell Friday: Lucas Francisco

Farewell Friday: Alexa Jordan