Filed under Sports

Weekly Sports Update: 8/27-9/1

Kainin Blissett

Kainin Blissett

Boys’ Cross Country (Leland Pan)

Due to inclement weather this past Saturday, the meet at Katherine Legge Memorial Park in Hinsdale was canceled. The team will have another meet next Saturday at Detweiller Park in Peoria at 9am.

Girls’ Cross Country (Madison McCalley)

Football (Nate Burleyson)

The varsity team fell to Lake Park last Friday 30-0. The JV team won 20-18 and the freshman team took a victory on Saturday with a score of 30-12. The program plays DeKalb at home next weekend.

Boys’ Golf (Leland Pan)

Last week the boys played Benet at their home course Orchard Valley Golf Course in Aurora. The team lost to Benet by four points with a total score of 153-157. The Mustangs play Naperville North today at Springbrook golf course in Naperville and a home match against Naperville Central on Thursday.

Girls’ Golf (Nate Burleyson)

Last week Tuesday the team played a home match against Naperville North. The team had a score of 180 and lost to North who combined for 168. They also fell to Neuqua at home. They play against Waubonsie Valley on Wednesday and Naperville Central on Thursday.

Boys’ Soccer (Nate Burleyson)

The varsity soccer team played in the Saint Charles East tournament this past week. On Monday they fell to Elgin 7-3, on Wednesday they battled back and beat Downers Grove North 5-1. In the last game of round robin they lost a close one to St Charles East 2-1. On Saturday they beat Leyden 4-2 to cap off their tournament. This week they play today at Naperville Central at 6:30. Later this week they begin the PepsiCo Showdown.

Girls’ Swim and Dive (Madison McCalley)

Last week, the girls won their first home meet of the season over the Benet girls swim team with a final score of 120-60. Sophomore McKenna Stone broke two pool records, with a 23.51 in the 50 yard free and a 50.84 in the 100 yard free. The girls’ next meet is at Neuqua on Saturday.

Girls’ Tennis (Leland Pan)

The past week, the girls played Wheaton St. Francis on Monday, Geneva on Wednesday, falling short to Naperville Central on Thursday with a final score of 2-5, and Lincolnway West on Saturday. They play two away matches at Wheaton North on Wednesday and Lake Park High School on Thursday.

Girls’ Volleyball (Madison McCalley)

On Tuesday, varsity fell in two sets at Yorkville. They finished 2nd in their pool at the Willowbrook invite over the weekend after dropping the 3rd set to Glenbard North. In bracket play they defeated Glenbard South in three sets to advance to the finals. They had a rematch against Glenbard North and took the game and won the tournament for the fourth year in a row. Varsity, JV, sophomores and freshman A play at Hinsdale South on Wednesday.

*Correction: Girls’ swim and dive pool records are in yards not meters.