Filed under Sports

Weekly Sports Update: 9/17-9/22

Boys’ Cross Country (Leland Pan)

On Saturday, the team participated in the Run-A-Thon. Their next meet is at St. Charles North on Saturday.

Girls’ Cross Country (Madison McCalley)

Football (Nate Burleyson)

The varsity team lost to Naperville Central with a final score of 56-13, junior running back CJ Wilcox had a pair of touchdowns. The team travels down to face Bradley-Bourbonnais this Friday.

Boys’ Golf (Leland Pan)

On Wednesday, the varsity team beat Neuqua in a close match. Senior Scott Boyajian shot a 37 to lead the team, and freshmen Arjun Vyas and Eli Oakes came in with 39 and 40, respectively. The team competed in the Sterling invite this past Saturday, coming in fourth.

Girls’ Golf (Nate Burleyson)

On Tuesday the varsity team lost to Neuqua, the team was lead by junior Madi Palmquist with a 47. She would lead the team again on Thursday with a 44 in a win over Waubonsie Valley. The team has their conference meet this Tuesday at 8:30 am.

Hockey (Nate Burleyson)

The team practiced this past week, they open their season this Friday against Wheaton-West at All Seasons Ice Rink. They also play at the Seasons on Sunday in a rematch of last years semifinals against Glenbard.

Boys’ Soccer (Nate Burleyson)

The team faced off against rival Waubonsie this past Tuesday winning 2-0. They play home against Neuqua Valley this Tuesday, Sept., 25.

Girls’ Swim and Dive (Madison McCalley)

The team did not have a meet this past week. Their next meet is on Tuesday against Lake Park. They also have the DGS invite at Downers Grove South on Friday and Saturday.

Girls’ Tennis (Leland Pan)

The varsity team faced off against Neuqua on Thursday, losing 6-3. This week they play at Lake Park on Monday, home against Waubonsie on Thursday, and at the Naperville North invite on Saturday.

Girls’ Volleyball (Madison McCalley)

On Tuesday, the varsity team lost in a tight 3 sets to Naperville Central. Over the weekend, they played at Plainfield South for the Plainfield South Invite. Varsity won in 2 sets and finished 2nd in their pool. Their next game is at Naperville North on Tuesday and they play at Neuqua on Thursday.

About the Photographer
Kellie Foy, Magazine Editor-in-Chief

Kellie is a senior entering her third year of the Stampede. She is the Magazine Editor-in-Chief and has been a sports writer for the past two years. She also participates in National English Honor Society and Aspiring Authors and is a FreshConnect mentor. Outside her natural habitat of the newspaper room, she can be found at church working retreats, sleeping, petting every dog in site, or on Twitter (@kellie_foy).