Annual Collage concert creates holiday music magic

On Dec. 4 and Dec. 5, Metea hosted the annual Collage concert. The audience was promised great music, holiday cheer, and an overall wonderful show.

As usual, the concert delivered and then some.

Students of every grade in band, chorus, and orchestra worked together to create the biggest show the music department can muster. Though each student had to put in months of work to create the final product, everyone seems to find it worth the work.

“We rehearse during lunch a month before the show, but you get so excited about the thought of performing that you don’t even mind,” junior Megan Arcivar said.

Besides the work dedication, students form emotional dedication to the Collage season, as well as an emotional dedication to the music program from there. After four years of performing in the legendary concert, seniors find themselves feeling nostalgic.

“It’s so bittersweet because you’re on to better things when you graduate, but Collage is the last big memory you make at Metea through music,” senior Emilija Morkunaite said.

Performing for the last time with their senior counterparts, the underclassmen have just gotten a taste of the Collage life, and have high expectations for future concerts.

“The finale is always magical,” sophomore Ethan St. Germain said, “It’s so cool to look into the audience and see everyone smiling. It’s an honor to be a part of it.”

By Stephanie Sorich