Farewell Friday: Madie Sandberg, Texas Christian University

[quote]By Drew Danko
Online Editor
Graphic by Drew Danko[/quote]

Why did you decide to go to TCU?

When I went on campus visits this was my first recruiting trip I went on, and as soon as I stepped onto the campus, I thought it was the most amazing school that I had ever been to. It was like my “aha” moment. I really meshed well with the team and I thought that the coaches were super nice.

Why did you decide to continue swimming in college?

I knew I wanted to play a collegiate sport and swimming gave me more opportunities with scholarships.

What are you looking forward to about going to TCU?

They do a big celebration for Christmas, since it’s a Christian school. They get a big tree like they do in New York City, obviously not as big, and they have a big party. Since they’re in Texas, they have a bunch of country singers that come and do free concerts in the quad. So, I’m excited about that too.

What are you planning on studying?

I want to stay in the sports field, so I’m going to study either kinesiology or body movement, which is basically the same thing. I want to stay in the sports realm, and since I had an injury last year in soccer that left me in physical therapy, I wanted to go in the same field and see what it is like on the other side of the table.

What are you going to miss about Metea?

I’m going to miss a lot of the friends I’ve grown really close to this year and being with the same coaches I’ve had for the past four years. It’s going to be rough trying to transition to a new team.

Are you planning on getting involved with anything other than swimming?

Division I athletics takes up a lot of time, so I don’t think I’m going to rush. I want to do an internship with the football players and you can learn firsthand what you do.