Weekly Sports Update: 11/7-11/11

Kainin Blissett

Boys’ Basketball By Connor Smith
With tryouts being held last Monday, all teams now have their rosters finalized. Practices begin this week, with games beginning next week.

Boys’ Hockey By Maddie Crabtree
JV won their game against Maine on Saturday 3-2. Yesterday, JV won their game against Wheaton West 6-0, while Varsity won 4-3.

Boys’ Wrestling By Peter Hinds
Last week, the team had practice for the first time this season. They are currently holding a fundraiser selling cookie dough.

Bowling By Maddie Crabtree
Bowling is starting its first practice today, and will have their first meet on Nov. 28.

Girls Swim and Dive By Brianna Powell                                                                   
This weekend Swim and Dive hosted the IHSA Metea Valley sectional in the Aquatics Center. The Lady Mustangs will send a record number of qualifiers to the State Final: senior Nicki Cast in diving, the 200 medley relay, junior Sadie Gregory in the 50 free, junior Anna Scovill in the 100 butterfly, the 200 free relay, freshman Kellie Willhite in the 100 back, freshman Lucy Siwicki in the 100 breast, and the 400 relay. The day also saw numerous records and personal bests: junior Caroline Kellogg and freshman Laurel Bludgen broke the school record in the 500, Willhite broke the school record in the 200 IM, and sophomore Rylee Stone had a personal best in the 100 fly. The IHSA State final will be held at Evanston Township High School Nov. 18-19.