Filed under Profiles

Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Mallory May is a senior, but more importantly, a Disney World fanatic.

How many times have you been to Disney?
27 times (I’ve lived in Illinois my whole life). Every time we’ve gone to Disney, it’s been for  four or more days.

Why do you and your family go every year?
We love the Disney atmosphere. All the workers there are always so happy and pleasing. My family always has to be active and moving so Disney you’re always on the move. Like most kids, My sisters and I have grown up watching Disney movies and we just haven’t lost the love for it. It’s crazy the things they do in the park. In one night they will have all the Christmas decorations up in every single park. Their special effects are amazing, there is a job needed in every field in Disney World, which I think is pretty cool. I hope I can internship or work for Disney at some point.

Do you ever get bored of it?
I never get bored with it. There is always something new added to the park every time we go, which makes it interesting. They just added all these Star Wars shows, and a new avatar section is getting added this summer. My family has so many jokes and games we play while we’re there to entertain ourselves.

How has your experience changed over the years?
It used to be just my family who went to Disney, but since 7th grade, my family and Shelby Adamchik’s family have gone together. Or we would bring a friend or another family. This past January we took six of my little cousins which was a lot of fun because they had never gone so I got show them around. Every time we go is a different experience, whether it’s who we’re with or the new attractions added to the park.

Will you continue this tradition in the future?
I think we are going to keep this tradition, Disney is such a huge part of my family. Our basement is even Disney themed, so we will for sure keep going every year.

8 Responses to “Humans of Metea: Mallory May”

1. Disgruntled Mustang on February 15th, 2017 10:19 am

I see “Humans of Metea” has once again turned into “Friends of Lanie Lobdell.”

Irked Mustang Reply:

With such a diverse student body, writing an article about a students passion for Disney seems insignificant to the great things done in and out of this school. Why not interview students in theater, the arts, engineering, mathematics, Science Olympiad, or even athletics. Our school is filled with news that should be shared with the rest of the school, and while an article should not be considered irrelevant to the next, this article serves no purpose on informing our school and those browsing the Metea Media page the news worthy activities our students are participating in. This rather articulates the bias some students receive just because they are acquaintances with the author of this page. A change should ensue and focus on the academic, athletic, and extracurriculars students participate in over an opinion piece on someones family tradition to Disney world that has taken place over 27 times.

2. GO GO MUSTANGS on February 15th, 2017 10:55 am

^

3. Ed Sheeran on February 16th, 2017 7:27 am

^^

4. Devin Myers on February 16th, 2017 8:43 am

I agree completely with Irked Mustang.

5. Anonymous on February 16th, 2017 9:36 am

Since when did an article about the special accomplishments of students turn into stories about expensive vacations and mindless babble about things people like to do for fun. I would appreciate if we can keep this professional and actually give us something valuable to read.

6. Shelby Adamchik on February 16th, 2017 10:43 am

I would just like to say I did not condone my name being used in the article and therefore do not wish to be affiliated any hate associated with this article.

Dylan Graham Reply:

Shelby, have you ever heard of guilty by association? Look it up.

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

Senior Macy Lippe takes on the world with her GoPro videos

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

Serena Bernal: Humans of Metea

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

10.13.17 Mane

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

Profile: Joy Semafumu

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

Humans of Metea: Lyndie Lobdell

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

Humans of Metea: Barnali Behari

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

Thomas Kuhn demonstrates his passion of sports through Special Olympics and Unified Soccer.

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

May 26 Mane

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

Amanda Brennan teaches kids in need the power of music

• Humans of Metea: Mallory May

Profiles

Violinist Carolina Aceves talent shines due to her work ethic

Humans of Metea: Mallory May