Weekly Sports Update: 4/24 – 4/28

Kainin Blissett

Boys’ Track By Connor Smith
This past Saturday, both the varsity and junior varsity teams participated in the annual “Red Ribbon Invite” at Waubonsie Valley High School. This week, both teams will continue to hold practices in preparation for the Pete Reiff Invite at Hoffman Estates High School on Friday, the final meet for both teams before the DuPage Valley Conference Meet at Wheaton-Warrenville South High School on May 11.

Girls’ Track By Connor Smith
On Saturday, both the varsity and junior varsity teams took part in the “New Trier Invite” at New Trier High School. This was the final meet for both teams before the DuPage Valley Conference Meet, which takes place this Thursday at Wheaton-Warrenville South High School.

Boys’ Water Polo By Sameen Ali
Last week, boys’ water polo had a game against Hinsdale Central on Thursday, where they also celebrated the seniors on the team with their annual Senior Night. The boys had a fun and successful night with both a win against Central and by honoring the seniors for their contribution over the years. Over the weekend, varsity competed at the St. Charles North tournament and JV played in their final tournament of the year at Waubonsie Valley. JV took 3rd place overall, and varsity was the invitational champion at the St. Charles tournament, which now makes their season record 17-8-1.

Girls’ Water Polo By Kellie Foy
The varsity girls’ water polo team won in quadruple overtime against Hinsdale Central. The JV team place second at its tournament on Saturday. The varsity team won all three games at its Hawks Invitational tournament this past weekend at the Hoffman Estates Quad. The girls’ water polo unit plays at Hersey on Tuesday. They play at home on Thursday against Riverside Brookfield. The varsity team has its Mustang Varsity Tournament at home on Saturday.

Girls’ Lacrosse By Kellie Foy
The girls’ lacrosse team lost 7-8 to Palatine on Wednesday. This past Thursday, the girls won against Narazath, winning 20-1. This upcoming week, the varsity team plays on Tuesday at Lincoln Way while the JV team plays at Plainfield. The varsity team plays at Marian Catholic on Friday. The girls’ lacrosse unit plays at Metea on Saturday against Benet.

Badminton By Kellie Foy
This past Thursday and Saturday, the girls’ badminton team had its DVC Conference at Naperville Central. The varsity team place third out of nine teams. This Thursday, the girls’ badminton unit has Sectionals.

Baseball By Sameen Ali
The boys’ baseball program had a successful week with wins on all levels throughout the two series. On Tuesday, the boys had their first game in the series against rival Waubonsie Valley. Freshman A and varsity both won Game 1 9-3 and 7-3, respectively. On Wednesday, both varsity and the sophomore team took Game 2, the former with a 3-0 win and the latter with a 10-5 win. Thursday saw Freshman A beat the Warriors 3-1 in their second game and the sophomores won a spectacular game 21-6, and although varsity lost Game 3, the team won the series overall. The freshman boys finished the series on Friday with wins for both teams A (14-0) and B (7-2). The teams began playing in another series against Lake Park on Saturday, where Freshman A, the sophomore team, and varsity defeated the Lancers. The boys will continue the series this week on Monday and Tuesday, and will later have a game against Neuqua. The program’s ALS game has been postponed to next Saturday.

Softball By Peter Hinds
Over the weekend, the softball team took 2nd at the York Invite tournament, losing to Hinsdale Central in the championship match. on the first day of the tournament, they beat Hinsdale Central, Hoffman Estates, and Rolling Meadows. On the second day, they beat Wheaton North, and then lost to HC in the championship. All together, the the softball team won 4 of the 5 games.

Boys’ Tennis By Liam Sweeney
Last week was a week of victory for boys’ tennis. The varsity team defeated Lake Park, Batavia, and Wheaton Warrenville South on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday respectively. Meanwhile, the junior varsity team won against Andrew, Lake Park, Batavia, and Wheaton Warrenville South on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday respectively.

Volleyball By Peter Hinds
The junior varsity team lost to Glenbard North, while varsity won against GN. Both games were played last Wednesday. On Thursday, JV beat Oswego East, but Varsity ended up losing their game against Oswego East.

• N

NateMay 1, 2017 at 9:21 am

Ultimate Frisbee

Weekly Sports Update: 4/24 – 4/28