Weekly Sports Update 8/28-9/2

Football (Kellie Foy)

The varsity football team lost Naperville North, losing 37-56 on Friday. However, the sophomore team beat Naperville North, winning 12-6. The football unit plays at Naperville Central this week.

Girls’ Golf (Kellie Foy)

On Thursday, the girls’ golf team lost to Wheaton North at home, losing by only two strokes.The team will have practice all week and doesn’t have a tournament until next Monday against rival Waubonsie Valley.

Girls Volleyball (Kellie Foy)

The girls’ sophomore volleyball team lost in the championship of ACC tournament to Hinsdale South’s JV team. The team was the only sophomore team to finish in the top 4. The varsity team won the Willowbrook Varsity Invite over the weekend. The volleyball unit plays Hinsdale South on Wednesday at home.

Girls’ XC (Myra Bajwa)

The girls’ varsity cross country took third overall at the Aurora City invitational on August 26. JV took first overall and had 4 runners place in the top four spots. The team will travel to Peoria for the First to the Finish Peoria Invitational this Saturday.

Boys’ XC (Myra Bajwa)

The boys’ cross country team also competed at the Aurora City invitational, with varsity placing fifth overall and Rokas Gudinavicius placing third. JV took third, with sophomores Randall Hohout and Ryan Malloy taking the lead.

Girls’ Swim (Myra Bajwa)

The girls’ swim team opened their season at Benet Academy, and set pool and school records. Girls’ swim will continue to excel at the Neuqua Valley Invite next Saturday, September 9th.

Girls’ Tennis (Tyler Burleyson)

The girls’ tennis team is anticipating their meets with Naperville North Tuesday at home and Naperville Central Thursday away next week. The girls are confident after some strong individual showings against Neuqua Valley last week.

Boys’ Soccer (Tyler Burleyson)

The boys’ soccer team had a strong week with an 8-2 win over Prosser on Tuesday and a 0-0 tie against Lockport on Thursday. The team went to Hermes Elementary School Friday night to build a field and goals for the kids there. Later in the season, they’re going back to teach soccer lessons. The team looks forward to two big matches this week against Neuqua on Tuesday and Naperville North on Thursday.

Boys’ Golf (Tyler Burleyson)

Last Tuesday, the boys’ golf team played a five man scramble at Blackberry Oaks, tying for sixth in the tournament. Last Thursday, the boys faced off against Naperville Central and lost. They quickly brushed that off for their Saturday tournament, where Junior Scott Boyajian shot 77 and senior Nick Zagurski shot 80. The boys are looking forward to a match against Lake Park this coming Wednesday.