Weekly sports update: 11/27-12/2

11/27-12/2

Girls’ Basketball by Kellie Foy

The varsity girls’ basketball lost to Neuqua Valley on Thursday, losing 54-40 for the first conference game of the season. The sophomore team beat Neuqua, winning 40-31. The girls play at Wheaton North on Thursday at 5 PM and at home on Saturday at home against rival Waubonsie Valley at 12:30 PM.

Boys’ Basketball by Kellie Foy

The freshman boys’ basketball team beat Neuqua on Saturday morning at home. The varsity boys’ basketball team also beat Neuqua on Friday night at home, winning 69-52. The varsity team’s current record is 3-2. The team plays at home on Wednesday against Naperville North and at Naperville Central on Friday.

Special Olympics by Kellie Foy

The gold Unified Basketball team won against Steps while the black team lost to Steps.

Dance by Kellie Foy

The dance team has been getting the highest scores in team history  over the past four competitions. The team has the Warrior Invite at Waubonsie on Saturday at 9 AM.

Girls’ Gymnastics by Myra Bajwa

The varsity gymnastics team went 128.85 to Neuqua’s 131.75 at Neuqua on Thursday. Next week, the combined team faces Naperville Central on Thursday.

Bowling by Myra Bajwa

The bowling team travelled to Rockford for the Jefferson Invite. Varsity placed ninth overall and JV placed seventh and ninth. Shoutout to Alicia Anton, Bella Tiffany, and Emily Fischer for a great performance at the invite. On Monday, they face off against Fenton.

Hockey by Myra Bajwa

The Warriors Hockey Club had a busy weekend, playing against Neuqua on Saturday and Lyons on Sunday. The JV team lost to Neuqua, losing 1-2 with a goal in the second period. The varsity Warriors beat Neuqua 6-4, with Zach Zimmerman scoring a goal with three seconds left in the game.

Wrestling by Tyler Burleyson

The Mustang wrestling team lost to rival Neuqua Valley 48-21 last Friday. On Saturday, the freshman, junior varsity, and varsity teams split up at three different quad meets. Varsity beat Niles West and McHenry with victories from senior Jacob Tjards and junior Brandon Hing. Sophomore Josh LaBarbera was 4-0 in his matches this week. Tjards was also undefeated at 2-0.

Boys’ Swim and Dive by Tyler Burleyson

The team came home with third place in the Patriot Relays meet. The varsity 4X100 IM relay team of seniors Janssen Gamilla and Michael Chan, sophomore Brayden Shatto, and freshman Jeddrick Gamilla placed second. Freshmen Nathan Mendes finished first overall in the freshman 50 freestyle. The varsity 400 freestyle relay of seniors Janssen Gamilla, Michael Chan, Griffin Despot, and junior Sam Kastan came in third.