News Beats

News Department

Updates on IPSD school board, e-learning, TCD virtual open house and clubs.

IPSD School Board Updates (Jessica Velazquez):

The school board held their meeting at Metea last night. The return to school was the main topic throughout the meeting since the trend for COVID-19 cases is decreasing according to the school metrics provided by the DuPage County Health Department. Superintendent Dr. Adrian Talley plans to make COVID-19 testing available at schools for all students and staff by the middle of February. Testing will be optional for all. 

Student involvement (Sydney Burleyson): 

TCD (Technology Center of DuPage) is hosting a virtual open house on Thursday. Students who are interested in areas such as trade, auto body, criminal justice, computer science, etc. can consider joining this virtual event for more info check here.

E-learning updates (Megan Drake): 

This week will be the start of the second semester and hybrid learning for students who choose to return to in-person learning. Students with last names A-L will be in school Tuesdays and Wednesdays and students with last names M-Z will be in school Thursdays and Fridays. Students who are not seniors are starting the process to select their classes.

Clubs (Madison Moon): 

The Aspiring Medical Professionals club is looking for members to join. If students are interested in medicine or health careers fill out the google form here. The first meeting will be on Thursday The meeting will consist of case studies and have guest speakers.