Humans Of Metea: Venkata Sri Saiveer Chelliboyina

Tanay Pant, Christina Guckel

Sophomore Venkata Sri Saiveer Chelliboyina has been involved in many activities, ranging from Ted, NEHS, and even reviewing movies critically.

Tanay Pant, Spotlight Writer

Sophomore Venkata Sri Saiveer Chelliboyina, also known as Ven Chelliboyina, is involved in National English Honors Society, TED-Ed, and Mustang Wild. He is also involved in a large personal writing project. Keep reading to learn more about his experiences here at Metea.

What is Mustang Wild?

We are a small annual literary magazine publication. We were severely shortstaffed last year, but we bounced back this year, and we have been doing monthly themed story contests. In January, our theme was about being stuck in a traffic jam. February was our love and anti-love contest. Finally, for March we are doing a theme of writing a full story in only twenty-seven words. We also accept art, photography, and sometimes even music and videos!

What are some of your other interests?

I used to hate anything involving English back in middle school, but I recently discovered a love for it. That is part of the reason why I am in Mustang Wild and NEHS. In fact, I am working on a pretty big project as of right now, but you do not have to know about that just yet.

Do you have other interests outside of English?

Yeah! I’ve been into engineering and design and things like that for a while now. I’ve taken PLTW courses every year from sixth grade to now. I am also a movie critic, which means I watch a lot of movies and analyze them for themes and the like. It is actually pretty hard to watch movies with me because I am constantly analyzing them for all the motifs and stuff.

How do you think Metea has helped you as a student?

Metea has allowed me to explore my interests way more than I could have in middle school. I have made way more friends, taken way more interesting classes, and started more extra-curriculars I am excited about. I learned so much about my passions and identity in the past two years, and I honestly connect and feel welcome in the Metea Community.

Is there anything else you would like to tell your peers?

Be nice to others. It is completely free.

If you enjoyed reading about Venkata Sri Saiveer Chelliboyina, please fill out this form to be one of the next Humans Of Metea!