Filed under Sports

Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Boy’s Tennis
By: Liam Sweeney
There was not much going in the final week of the Boy’s Tennis season. The Varsity team was triumphant against IMSA on Tuesday, while both the Varsity and Junior Varsity team competed at the Conference last Friday and Saturday.

Boy’s Volleyball
By: Peter Hinds
Last week, our JV team faced lake park, Plainfield central, and Wheaton north, unfortunately losing those three games. JV was also supposed to play Waubonsie valley, but no game was played as Waubonsie forfeited. Varsity beat Plainfield central and Wheaton north in their respective games, but lost to lake park. This upcoming week will be the last week of games for the JV team.

Softball
By: Peter Hinds
Over the weekend, the volleyball team hosted a middle school clinic to introduce future mustangs to the sport. This week they have their last conference match against Glenbard North at home for senior night on Tuesday at 6pm. The final regular season game is on Thursday at 530 at glenbard East. Games wrap up this upcoming week.

Baseball
By: Sameen Ali
On Monday, Boys’ Baseball played in their final game in the series against Wheaton Warrenville South. Varsity and Freshman A dropped Game 3 to the opposing team, and the sophomores won 2-1. On Thursday, the boys began playing in a series against Glenbard North. Both of the freshman teams won against North 7-2 and 9-1, and varsity took game 1 with a 5-1 win. The program held their annual Senior Day game on Saturday, where the boys played in game 3 against Glenbard North. Although varsity lost game 3, the team won the series overall, and both freshman teams won once again.

Boy’s Water Polo
By: Sameen Ali
Boys’ Water Polo ended a successful season last week, finishing 21-10-1. The boys competed in sectionals at Neuqua Valley, where they recorded their first sectional quarter win against St. Charles North High School.

Boy’s Track
By: Connor Smith
This past Thursday, both the varsity and junior varsity boys’ track and field teams participated in the annual DuPage Valley Conference meet at Wheaton-Warrenville South High School along with the eight other schools throughout the conference. This meet concluded the junior varsity season; however, select athletes from the varsity team will travel to Hoffman Estates High School this Friday for the IHSA Sectional Meet.

Girl’s Track
By Connor Smith
Select athletes from the girls’ varsity track and field team participated in the IHSA Sectional Meet this past Thursday at Streamwood High School. With the season coming to an end for the majority of the athletes, goals are already being set for next season and beyond in order to grow.

Girl’s Water Polo
By: Kellie Foy
This past Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, the girls varsity team had its Sectionals tournament at Neuqua. The girls beat Neuqua on Wednesday night. The girls lost to Naperville North on Friday night.

Girl’s Lacrosse
By: Kellie Foy
The girls lacrosse team lost to Wheaton, losing 10-11. This past Tuesday, the girls’ game got called with eight minutes left, the game being tied against Downers Grove North. On Wednesday, the game against Hoffman Estates got called thirteen minutes into the first half due to lightning.

Girl’s Badminton
By: Kellie Foy
This past weekend, the girls badminton unit sent five people to the IHSA State tournament. Overall, Metea placed tenth in State tournament. Doubles team Allison Yu and Nitya Nagarajan placed third in the State tournament.v

1 Comment

One Response to “Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12”

1. Temi on May 15th, 2017 10:48 am

Nice!

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Regional champion girls’ soccer falls to Huskies in sectional final

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Sports Update 5/15 – 5/19

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Ultimate Frisbee continues to succeed and expects positive results at State.

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Girls’ water polo finishes season on an encouraging note

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Boys’ water polo takes strong record into sectionals

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Boys’ volleyball serves up a win against Waubonsie

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Boys’ track takes pride in recent success and looks to end the season on a high note

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Girls’ Badminton serves success at the DuPage Valley Conference Tournament

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Sports

Weekly Sports Update: 4/24 – 4/28

• Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12

Opinions

Struggles of the Student Athlete

Weekly Sports Update: 5/8 – 5/12