Weekly Sports Update: 1/29 – 2/4

Girls’ Basketball (Kellie Foy)

The sophomore team beat Nazareth Academy on Tuesday, winning 30-26. The varsity team beat Lake Forest on Tuesday, winning 46-23. The freshman A team beat Nazareth, winning 51-13. The freshman B team lost to Lake Forest Academy, losing 28-35. The sophomore team finished the season with an overtime win against Glenbard North, winning 25-21. The sophomore team finished its season with a record of 19-6. The varsity team celebrated its Senior Night with a win against Glenbard North on Saturday, winning 44-38.

Boys’ Basketball (Kellie Foy)

The varsity team beat Naperville Central on Tuesday, winning 65-48. The team also beat Wheaton North in double overtime on Friday night, winning 88-80. The basketball unit plays at Waubonsie on Tuesday and at Lake Park on Friday.

Special Olympics (Kellie Foy)

The teams lost both of their games this week.

Girls’ Gymnastics (Myra Bajwa)

The gymnastics teams competed at the IHSA Regionals meet on Thursday. Melissa Martin qualified for the IHSA Sectionals meet, placing fourth on bars, second on beam, and fourth on the all-around. Jessica Houghton placed fifth on the beam, qualifying for Sectionals as well.

Bowling (Myra Bajwa)

The girls’ bowling team competed against Plainfield Central, on Jan.30. Alicia Anton scored a personal high of 253. The team also hosted the IHSA Regionals tournament at Fox Lanes on Saturday. The team placed fifth overall and Samhita Tumallapalli, Bhavya Jayashankar, and Alicia Anton advance.

Hockey (Myra Bajwa)

Varsity played against Lincolnway on Friday, winning 1-0. Varsity also fell to Wheaton West on Saturday, losing 0-7. JV competed against the DuPage Stars on Saturday, losing 2-3.

Wrestling (Tyler Burleyson)

Several athletes qualified for the Sectionals competition during a tournament this past Saturday. Qualifiers include seniors Harsh Anchan and Mehki White, juniors Kyle Smart and Phillip Sims, and sophomore Josh Labarbera.

Boys’ Swim and Dive (Tyler Burleyson)

The team competed at the Dupage Valley Conference meet last Saturday. Varsity placed fifth, Junior Varsity placed third, and the freshmen placed fourth. Senior Janssen Gamilla got his state cut early in the season with a 51.99 in the 100 fly, placing second in the varsity pool. For the divers, senior Alec Marquardt won Conference with a school-record 447.10.

Cheer (Tyler Burleyson)

The cheer squad competed in prelims for the IHSA State competition last Friday, placing top ten and qualifying for day two. At finals, the team placed fifth overall in the state, closing out their season.