UPDATE: Neuqua searched, found safe by police following bomb threat

The Naperville Police Department did not find any threat at Neuqua Valley High School following a bomb threat this afternoon. Police found no evidence of dangerous or explosive materials.

“Naperville Police Department was investigating a bomb threat that was posted online,” Deputy Chief Jason Arres said. “Both buildings were searched with seven K-9 units and no dangerous materials were found.”

Neuqua Valley principal Bob McBride confirmed that the building was safe in a message sent to Neuqua parents: “Both campuses were thoroughly searched, including by canine units directed by the police, and no weapons or explosive devices were found. We expect school to open smoothly tomorrow and operate as normal.”

Earlier this afternoon, District 204 officials evacuated both Neuqua campuses in response to a bomb threat. All students were sent home or to a safe location while police searched the campus.

An earlier message sent to Neuqua parents reads: “This is Neuqua Valley High School calling with an important message for parents. The police have informed us of a potential threat against our school and we have decided to evacuate the school while they investigate the situation. Please know that all of our students and staff are safe. As a precaution, we will be dismissing school at Noon today to allow the police to thoroughly search our school,”

The full statement, as well as an update, is posted on the district website.

The Stampede will publish more details as they become available.