Weekly Sports Update: 1/28-2/2

**Disclaimer: Junior Varsity teams are not covered on weekly sports update.

Girls’ Basketball (Leland Pan)

The varsity team lost 49-45 to Oswego high school Tuesday night and lost 51-32 against Naperville North this past Saturday. The Mustangs host senior night on Tuesday against Neuqua Valley at 7 p.m.

Boys’ Basketball (Nate Burleyson)

The varsity team beat Neuqua on Tuesday night 57-53. They also beat Prosser on Saturday 64-50.

Hockey (Nate Burleyson)

The Hockey team started the Illinois West playoffs with round-robin wins 3-1 over Hinsdale Central and 6-2 over Wheaton West. The team will continue the round-robin play.

Wrestling (Nate Burleyson)

The wrestling team competed in the IHSA Regional last weekend. Josh LaBarbera and Phillip Sims advanced to Sectionals next weekend.

Boys Swim and Dive (Leland Pan)

The Mustangs hosted the Dupage Valley Conference this past Saturday. The Freshman/sophomore team placed fifth in 200 medley relay. Varsity gets fourth in the medley relay. Nick Reid placed fifth in the individual medley. Jeddrick Gamilla placed fourth in the individual medley relay. Sam Kastan places second in 50 free. Austin Martinson placed sixth in 100 fly. Tyler Leslie placed sixth in 100 free. Nathan Mendes placed third in 100 free. Jacob Henkel placed fourth in 500 free. The team placed fifth in 200 free relay. Mendes placed fifth in 100 backstroke. Brian Edwards placed fourth in 100 breast. The conference champions from the Mustangs were Nick Reid and Jeddrick Gamilla. And to top it off the Mustangs finished fourth in the 400 free relay. Their upcoming event will be Sectionals at Neuqua Valley High School on Feb. 16th at 8 a.m.

Bowling (Madison McCalley)

Last week, the Mustangs has a match against Plainfield Central on Tuesday. On Saturday, the Mustangs had the ISHA Regional match. Senior Niya Blowe, junior Alicia Anton, sophomore Bella Tiffany, and sophomore Meredith Olef made it through to sectionals.

Gymnastics (Madison McCalley)

The Mustangs did not have any meets this past week. Their next meet is the IHSA Regional this Monday.

Cheerleading (Madison McCalley)

This past week, the Mustangs went to the IHSA State tournament and placed ninth. They concluded their season.