Weekly Sports Update 2/4 – 2/9

**Disclaimer: Junior Varsity teams are not covered on weekly sports update.

Girls’ Basketball (Leland Pan)

The varsity team hosted their senior night against Neuqua Valley High School on Wednesday after cancellations due to the weather last week. The Mustangs edged out the Wildcats 47-34. Moving forward the girls played against Waubonsie Valley High School on Thursday, and fell short 46-42. The Mustangs are tip off today at Oswego High School for the IHSA Regionals at 7 p.m.

Boys’ Basketball (Nate Burleyson)

The varsity team lost to Naperville North 58-54 last Friday and will face Nazareth on Tuesday and Neuqua at home on Friday.

Hockey (Nate Burleyson)

The Hockey team continued their postseason this weekend, beating Glenbard 4-2, and Maine 3-0.

Wrestling (Nate Burleyson)

The wrestling team competed in the IHSA Sectional last weekend. Josh LaBarbera placed second and Phillip Sims placed fourth, both advance to State next weekend.

Boys Swim and Dive (Leland Pan)

After the boys’ consecutive wins from the Dupage Valley Conference, the Mustangs are warming up for the IHSA Sectionals on Saturday at Neuqua Valley High School at 8 a.m.

Bowling (Madison McCalley)

Last week, the Mustangs went to sectionals at Suburbanite Bowl on Saturday. Junior Alicia Anton and Sophomore Meredith Olef advanced to IHSA State. IHSA State will be held next week.

Gymnastics (Madison McCalley)

Last week, the Mustangs went to sectionals at Hinsdale Central on Tuesday. Junior Thalia Bowen got a 9.325 in vault which qualified her for state. IHSA State will be held February 15-16th in Palatine.