Weekly Sports Update 4/8 – 4/13

Boys’ Baseball (Nate Burleyson)

The varsity team Waubonsie last Tuesday winning 11-1. They went on to play Naperville Central on back to back to back days winning 8-1, 19-9 and then falling 7-2 on Saturday. They play Naperville North on Tuesday this week.

Softball (Nate Burleyson)

The varsity softball team played four games last week, with wins against Benet, Lake Park, and Glenbard North. Their one loss came against Benet Academy. This week they play against Naperville Central, Hinsdale Central, and Naperville North.

Boys Track and Field (Madison McCalley)

This past week, the boys’ team held an invitational at Metea. The 4×800 team placed fifth overall. Virgil Steward and Temi Osobamiro placed first and second in the 100m dash preliminaries. Jake Pauline broke the freshman school discus record, and Cole Pauline placed second overall in varsity shotput. Other info was not available.

Girls Track and Field (Madison McCalley)

The girls’ team competed in the Minooka Invitational. Juniors Yanylia Doby and Sydnee Graves placed 7th and 8th in the 100m dash. Addison Gamster and Kellie Upton placed fifth and sixth in the 400m dash. Jenna Boyle and Sarah Maggio placed fourth and fifth in the 800m. Sophia Sandy and Emily Kohlberg placed third and fifth in the 1600m. Emaline Kerwin placed third in the 100-meter hurdles. The 4×100 relay team placed third, and the 4×800 team placed second. Topping it off, Anjelica Mendez placed fifth in the discus finals and fourth in the shot put finals.

Boys’ Water Polo (Nate Burleyson)

The varsity team played Neuqua Valley on Tuesday, falling 20-10. They then played Oak Park-River Forest and won 11-7. They play Waubonsie at home this Tuesday.

Girls Water Polo (Madison McCalley)

The Mustangs played won against Neuqua last Tuesday 8-3. They will play an away game at Waubonsie Valley tomorrow.

Girls’ Badminton (Leland Pan)

The girls both lost against Hinsdale Central on Monday 7-8, and Naperville Central on Tuesday. The Mustangs ended on a good note with a first-place finish at the Mustang Varsity Invite on Saturday. The girls will play a home match against Naperville North at 4:30 pm on Wednesday.

Girls’ Lacrosse (Leland Pan)

The Mustangs played against Geneva High School on Monday with a win 16-3. The girls continued their success with the help of senior Whitney Kueltzo on Wednesday against Naperville Central High School 11-7. The girls will play Neuqua Valley High School at Waubonsie 6:30 pm on Wednesday.

Girls’ Soccer (Leland Pan)

The girls continued their play in the PepsiCo Showdown on Tuesday against Bradley and lost 0-1. Thursday, the girls played Nazareth Academy and won 1-0. On Saturday the girls played against Main South. After being tied in regulation, the girls took home the win through penalty kicks. Their success from this week will bring them to the PepsiCo Tournament on the 28th. This week, play a home game against Waubonsie Valley High School at 6:30 pm on Tuesday.

Boys’ Tennis (Leland Pan)

The Mustangs played against Plainfield East on Monday, St. Charles North on Tuesday; boys lost 3-4. On Wednesday, the match against Wheaton North got canceled due to inclement weather. The boys play an away match against Lincoln-Way East at 4:30 pm today.

Boys’ Volleyball (Leland Pan)

The boys played against Benet Academy on Wednesday and had a close two-set loss. Continuing with their week, the Mustangs played against St. Francis High School on Thursday and lost 3-1 as well. The boys will start their conference play against Naperville Central on Tuesday at home at 6:00 pm.

Ultimate Frisbee (Leland Pan)

Due to inclement weather, the Waubonsie Valley and St. Charles North games were canceled on Wednesday.