Weekly Sports Update 5/13-5/19

Interested in becoming a contact for your sport to get the most information out on Weekly Sports Update? Please contact the sports editor at [email protected] to help out.

Boys Baseball (Nate Burleyson)

The Mustangs played through the Dupage Valley Conference last week. On Saturday, they played against Wheaton Warrenville South. Capping off the week, they are eighteenth in the state and second in the conference. The boys will have Illinois High School Association State playoffs will start this week.

Girls Softball (Nate Burleyson)

The Mustangs played against Naperville North last Monday and won 7-0. They played Neuqua Valley the following day and lost going 2-3. The girls played against West Aurora on Wednesday and lost. With the game streak, they continued on Thursday to play against Waubonsie Valley. They play in the Illinois High School Association Regionals on Wednesday.

Boys Lacrosse (Nate Burleyson)

Last week the boys played against St. Charles North and Naperville North. Later in the week, the Mustangs won their opening sectional game against Batavia. Their next round will be today against South Elgin.

Boys Track and Field (Madison McCalley)

The Mustangs went to sectionals at St. Charles North this past week. They won for the first time in school history. Junior Virgil Steward placed first in the 100-meter dash and second in the 200-meter dash. Junior Sricharan Sanakkayala placed fifth in the 110m hurdles and 5th in the 300m hurdles. 4×200 relay placed second and 4×800 placed 3rd. Senior Temi Osobamiro placed second in the long jump and second in the triple jump.

Girls Lacrosse (Leland Pan)

The Mustangs hosted Senior Night against Naperville Central, and last Wednesday, the girls played against Naperville North. They head into Illinois High School Association Sectionals today with Naperville Central at 4:30 pm.

Girls Soccer (Leland Pan)

The girls played in the Regional Semifinal last Wednesday against Oswego East and won 3-0. They headed into the Regional Championship last Friday against Lockport and won 2-1. Their next game will be on Wednesday, against Naperville North at East Aurora High School for the Sectional Semifinal.

Boys Tennis (Leland Pan)

Last week the boys headed to the Illinois High School Association Sectionals at St. Charles North. Junior, Aleks Schroeder qualified as a single player and sophomores, Tanay Vutukuru and Shankar Jambunathan qualified for doubles. They will head down to Illinois High School Association State this Thursday.

Boys Volleyball (Leland Pan)

The boys hosted Senior Night last Tuesday against Neuqua Valley. They fell short 0-2. On Thursday, the Mustangs played against Waubonsie Valley and won in two sets. They head into  Illinois High School Association Regionals today against Montini at Waubonsie Valley 5:30 pm.

Ultimate Frisbee (Leland Pan)

Last week the boys played against the Neuqua B team and won. Following their win, they played against Saint Charles North and lost. They play this Wednesday against Conant and Geneva.