Weekly sports update 9/9-9/15

Boys’ Golf (Jose Collado)

Varsity defeated Naperville North, Naperville Central, and Wheaton North for the first time in school history this past week. The Mustangs stand 3-0 in the DuPage Valley Conference.  The boys play Neuqua Valley at home on Monday. 

Girls’ Cross Country (Alex Bedore)

The girls’ cross country team competed at the First to the Finish Invitational in Peoria on Saturday. Schools from all over the state participated in the event. The Mustangs placed 11th overall as a team. Their next event is the Run-a-Thon at Metea on Saturday.

Boys’ Cross Country (Tyler Perry)

Boys’ cross country had their meet in Peoria this past Saturday. They took part in the First to the Finish Line race where they ran hard and came in 41st place out of 47. They are looking to get a win in their next meet at the Loyola LakeFront meet next Saturday.

Girls’ Golf (Tyler Perry)

The girls’ golf team played in Naperbrook on Thursday. They fought but lost to Naperville Central to a score of 195-174. Their next match is a home game against Plainfield East on Wednesday. They will be playing in the Orchard Valley Golf Course.

Boys’ Football (Alex Bedore)

The boys’ football team played against Belleville East last Friday. The Mustangs won their first game of the season against the Lancers 21-17. Their next game is this Friday against Naperville Central.

Boys’ Soccer (Jose Collado)

The boys tied 1-1 after another double-overtime game against Naperville Central. Seniors Abraham Antar and Matthew Dovalovsky were named to the All-Tournament team at last week’s STC Invite, and senior Gandhi Cruz was named Goalkeeper of the tournament. 

Girls’ Swim and Dive (Elena Buscher)

The girls took fifth place at the Neuqua Valley invite. Junior McKenna Stone broke the Neuqua Valley pool record in the 100 fly and the meet record in the 200 IM. Their next swim meet is this Thursday against Naperville Central and DeKalb at the Metea Valley pool. 

Girls’ Tennis (Leland Pan)

The Mustangs started off their week playing against St. Charles East High School on Tuesday. The girls had a solid win against Wheaton North High School on Wednesday. Wrapping up their week, they went against DeKalb High School. They will host Hinsdale South tomorrow.

Girls’ Volleyball (Elena Buscher)

The Mustangs lost in three sets to Hinsdale South this past Wednesday. Their next tournament is the Wheaton Classic on Wednesday at Wheaton North High School.