News Beats

News Department

Updates on IPSD school board, e-learning, TCD virtual open house and clubs.

Japan Trip (Alexandra Guckel): 

In the summer of 2020, Metea L.I.F.E. will be hosting a trip for students to experience Japan. This trip would be a way for students to learn about the culture and history of Japan, while also building relationships with other Metea students. Traveling helps students develop for their future, and this trip offers a way for students to participate easily. The last chance to learn about or be a part of this trip is on Oct. 1 in the Large Forum room. Students can RVSP through the following link: https://rsvp.eftours.com/8hhdpph 

Speech Auditions (Ayden Reed):

For all those interested in speaking, acting, or writing— they can check out the Metea Valley Speech Team! Speech Team competes against numerous schools in the area, but they’re mostly known for the relationships and memories that are made throughout the season. Auditions are Oct. 18 and 19 for returning members and the 21 and 22 for new members. New members should get an audition packet from Coach Simon or prepare something ahead of time. All returners should have something already put together. For those interested, the sign up sheets will be posted outside of H112 in the upcoming weeks. They say speech is the “thumb”, so give some thumbs up for speech!

Superintendent Search Update (Isabella Villalobos):

Based on the discussion of a new search for a Superintendent on Aug. 28, the search and review for a new candidate will take course throughout November, and deciding on the finalists will take place in December. Stakeholders search for a candidate that has a “student-first philosophy”, and an ability to work and listen well with other people. Further updates will be given through the IPSD 204 webpage. 

District 204 Marching Band Festival (Jessica Velazquez): 

Metea, Neuqua, and Waubonsie all gathered at Metea Valley High School for their annual band festival on Saturday, Sep. 21. The pouring rain did not stop the show from going on and was then moved from the stadium into the main gym where the stands filled up quickly. Each marching band performed their halftime show performance and showed off their school pride with their theme song that had parents and students from each school clapping and cheering along.