IPSD 204 provides resources to families during e-learning days

All IPSD schools will be implementing e-learning  from March 18 to March 30 to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus following an announcement by IPSD Superintendent Karen Sullivan on Friday. Spring break is scheduled for the week of March 30, and April 6 will be the tentative date of return for students. 

IPSD 204 is offering services ranging from meal assistance to Instructional Technology help from March 18 to March 30. For more information and resources from District 204 on Coronavirus, access the District’s COVID-19 website: http://www.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/Covid19 

IPSD Tech support

If students have any questions regarding an issue related to technology, IPSD is offering technology support on the tech support webpage and via the email [email protected]

Meal support

Families that are in District 204’s meal assistance program and require a meal can pick up a grab and go bag with breakfast and lunch every morning at the nearest elementary school, starting March 18. Families can pick up meals near Door 1 between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. each school day. The District is asking parents to complete this form for the week, so officials can distribute resources.

Kid Essential Funds donations

In order to support families who are struggling due to the novel Coronavirus crisis, the IPEF will be accepting donations to its Kid Essential Funds to go to families through meal assistance, transportation, housing, and essential items. Please go to the IPEF website and comment “Kid Essential Funds.”

Zoom 

Zoom is providing schools with unlimited video conferencing minutes for teachers and staff. District 204 has activated Zoom within the district and is allowing teachers to initiate meetings with students. At this time, students cannot initiate meetings. 

Internet providers resources

Internet providers are assisting families with free or additional services. Read more about your internet service. 

AT&T (Home internet)

AT&T (WiFi Access)

Comcast (Internet Essentials)

Comcast (WiFi Access)

Sprint

T-Mobile

Verizon Wireless

FCC’s Keep Americans Connected Pledge

All of the internet and phone services listed above will be waiving late fees and trying to keep residential and small business customers connected if negatively impacted by the global crisis. 

IL Coronavirus Disease Hotline

People with questions about Coronavirus can call the Illinois Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or send an email to [email protected] at any time. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Also visit https://www.dupagehealth.org/590/Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19-Inform for more information as to how to adapt to the Coronavirus.