News Beats

News Department

Updates on IPSD school board, e-learning, TCD virtual open house and clubs.

School Board (Jessica Velazquez): 

Indian Prairie School District held a board meeting last Tuesday. Throughout the meeting, they reviewed the first few days of school as a success. The IPSD school board will continue its plan on bringing students back for second quarter, however, they are looking into bringing a selected number of students back for in-person learning at the High Schools these upcoming weeks. The plan is still in the works, and the decision on which students they will bring back into the building is still in question. The next board meeting will be held at 7 p.m. next Monday via Zoom. 

Marching Band (Iman Hamid): 

As fall approaches, so does Marching Band. Since August the Marching Mustangs continued practice with activities updated to accommodate social distancing guidelines. Although football games have been postponed, there is a full show scheduled to be recorded on Sep. 17, and an upcoming show Oct.1.

E-Learning (Megan Drake):

As the students start the year with e-learning, there are some changes that are occurring. One of the newer updates for students is logging into Zoom calls with their school email. Students are now required to do this because of unrecognized students entering a Zoom call and using profanity. Another main change from last year is the switch to StudentVUE from Home Access. StudentVUE allows students to clearly see their completed assignments on Google Classroom. 

Student Government (Sydney Burleyson):

Student Government will be meeting virtually on Zoom at 2:30 p.m. Sep. 15. By joining this meeting new StuGo students will be able to learn the details of student government, meet the executive board, and join a committee. If you are interested in planning virtual spirit events, community service events, and more you should definitely check it out!

Clubs (Madison Moon): 

The Mental Health Matters club is currently looking for new members to join. There will be a Zoom link on further information on how you can help. The co-sponsors are working on a time to meet this week. After joining students will be able to help plan the activities like pet therapy that was put into place last school year.