News Beats

News Department

Updates on IPSD school board, e-learning, TCD virtual open house and clubs.

IPSD School Board (Jessica Velazquez):

The school board held a meeting last Monday. Throughout the meeting, they reviewed the survey sent out last week to parents regarding how they are feeling about remote learning. The survey’s goal was to determine how comfortable parents are with sending their children for in-person learning at the end of the first quarter. As many students have different opinions about remote learning, the school board is trying to create the most convenient plan for all.   

Music(Iman Hamid):

Marching band season has officially ended. Students have filmed live performances and have one final performance scheduled for Wednesday. The season is scheduled to continue in spring, given the plan where school reopens and students return to in-person learning. 

Class of 2021 updates (Megan Drake):

After seniors have taken the SATs, they are realizing that they are looking forward to going back to school. For some seniors, the SAT was the first time they have been back in the building since March. There will also be a senior parade on October 1st. 

Student Involvement(Sydney Burleyson):

The annual activity fair will be held today. Students can look at clubs to join and get involved in through this link

Clubs(Madison Moon):

Mustang Comedy is hosting a Zoom meeting on Thursday at 3:30 p.m. During the improv club, students will be able to make others laugh and learn how to think on your feet.