News Beats

News Department

Updates on IPSD school board, e-learning, TCD virtual open house and clubs.

IPSD School Board (Jessica Velazquez):

The deadline to select either the new hybrid plan or full remote learning for students was yesterday afternoon. Parents had the choice to send their students back to school corresponding to their assigned days. In a message from Dr. Echols to parents, the school is examining a way to bring students back more often than one day a week beginning December. The plan is still in the works with many aspects to consider. There will be another opportunity to make a selection for hybrid or remote learning after the proposal is presented.

Music (Iman Hamid):

The senior parade on Oct. 1 was officially the last performance of marching band. Band season is expected to continue in the spring, given that students are fully back in school in-person. Memorial Day performance practice has been scheduled for May 24, 25, and 26. 

E-learning (Megan Drake):

The PSAT will be held on Oct. 14. Juniors who signed up for the PSAT will report to their testing rooms by 7:30 a.m. along with a copy of their self-certification form. Students should look for their testing room assignments here. Students not taking the PSAT are required to report to class as usual.

Student Involvement (Sydney Burleyson):

Even with remote learning, students still have the opportunity to be involved. This Friday, students have the opportunity to come to a virtual Dine and Discuss. For students interested, here is the link for this event. Students can also still join clubs this year through virtual meetings. For more information on this, visit the Metea Valley website and go to the clubs and activities tab to find a slideshow for info on all the clubs.

Clubs (Madison Moon):  

JSA (Junior State of America) club is looking for members who are interested in discussing politics, service, and current events. They host weekly debates and informational meetings. Fill out the interest form for the Zoom code. No experience is necessary.