News beats

News Department

Updates on IPSD school board, e-learning, TCD virtual open house and clubs.

IPSD School Board (Jessica Velazquez):

The school board meeting was successfully held at Metea last week. The meeting followed COVID-19 related restrictions. Currently, the school board is monitoring the DuPage County Health Departments (DCHD) metrics as COVID-19 cases begin to increase. Superintendent Dr. Talley claimed that students will return to hybrid once DCHD has declared the county back to moderate or minimal transmission for two consecutive weeks. The school board will update parents this week. The next school board meeting will be held on Nov. 2. 

E-learning update (Megan Drake):

This week starts the new Monday schedule. Instead of the 30 minute class periods, students will be going back to 45 minute class periods. This schedule is similar to the Wednesday schedule from last year prior to Mustang 30. Fresh Connect meetings will be 25 minutes long during the first half of the lunch period. 

Student Involvement (Sydney Burleyson):

The Student Government is hosting a pumpkin carving contest. Voting for the best pumpkin will begin today. Three winners will be announced and they will receive an Amazon gift card. The scavenger hunt and costume contest starts this week. Stay tuned for more details on those events.

Clubs/Activities (Madison Moon): 

Metea Valley’s Book Club is looking for new members to join. Students will get the opportunity to learn about new books to read, talk about characters, and speculate. Students can sign up, and Mrs. Madzinski and Mrs. Hutzler will send students a Zoom link.