Get your Tickets!

Peer Partners Adaptive hosts Freedom Golf for students

Ell Macias
Freedom Golf sets up golfing activities for Peer Partners Adaptive

During periods two through six each Monday, Peer Partners Adaptive hosts Freedom Golf, an event that allows students to learn different golf skills and play games against each other. The main goal of Freedom Golf is to teach anyone these new skills, no matter their ability.

Peer Partners is not only a club, but a class. Peer Partners Adaptive allows students to have the option to participate in friendly competitions. This event continues to be something students look forward to.

“This is the only class period where they can interact with everyone and I think it’s just a fun, free period for them to enjoy time for themselves, and hang out with others,” Peer Partner Shrina Bijjam said.

Not only has Freedom Golf been coming into Metea the past few weeks to teach these students different skills but they have also come in to work in other spots in our community. Prompting golf within the Special Olympic community makes students more successful.

“I’m thankful that they come in and promote the program outside within the community so that there are more opportunities for our students to participate in different sports,” Peer Partners teacher, Jenny Oais said.

With the event happening each Monday, this has been something these students have been looking forward to. Being able to come back from a long weekend, play games, and learn new skills gets these students excited for the rest of the week. Being able to learn teamwork skills and hit certain goals is something that has been achieved from this event. Student Vijay Jambunathan expressed his excitement for the golf event.

“I love it when we golf.”

To receive further information about Peer Partners Club, reach out to Peer Partners teacher Jenny Oais.