Seniors have a lot on their plate before graduation

255 Views
Mansi Payal Narayanan
Graduation day sneaks up on seniors quicker than expected.
Graduation Ceremony in...
Class of 2026 graduated!

The end of the school year approaches quickly as well as graduation. Seniors grow nostalgic as they think of the upcoming end to their years of high school and begin to envision their future, though there is still a lot left to look forward to.

A helpful resource is this link, which includes a senior to-do list and what’s coming up for the rest of the month. The senior newsletter is also beneficial for students, though a summary is always helpful.

Certain seniors who have received an invitation are invited to the Back and Gold Awards which celebrates the numerous achievements and successes of the class of 2024. Scholarships are awarded by the Metea Unified Scholarship Program and modest attire is strongly encouraged. The event was after school, yesterday, at 7:00 pm.

Though the deadline to purchase tickets has passed, the senior road trip is an exciting event that is coming up soon, on May 11. It will take place at Six Flags with unlimited access to rides, DJs, and an all-you-can-eat dinner. Two days later, yearbooks will be distributed in the commons all from May 13th to May 17th.

Things kick into gear around May 20th, when senior finals begin. They last two days; the finals for periods 5th through 8th are held on the 20th and the ones for 1st through 4th, on the 21st. Although senior checkout occurs around the same time, that is another thing to look out for. It consists of returning your Chromebook, charger, textbooks, and other materials to the school library.

Something else that’s coming up soon is the Senior Brunch, which will be held on May 23rd. It is a fun time to get together with other seniors after the last day of school. Tickets are $20 and can be bought at this link. The event will be held at The Matrix from 11 am to 1 pm. Tickets will be sold until May 17th on pushcoin.

Finally, graduation will be on May 26th, held at NIU’s Convocation Center. Each senior will receive 10 tickets to hand out to their family and friends to attend the graduation. The ceremony begins at 9:30 am, though students are encouraged to arrive at 8:15 for preparations.

The last day of school will be on May 21st, which is only 9 school days away. Seniors must make the most out of the time they have left here at Metea. There are less than 10 school days left, so make the most out of the remaining time here since it could be the last time walking these halls again.