Weekly Sports Beats 9/27-10/3

Boys’ Cross Country (Max Berglind)

The Mustangs competed in their first ever Harvest Christian Academy Midseason Invitational this past Saturday, placing ninth out of 19 teams. Senior Ben Lamsma (17:33) and sophomore Nathan Behr (18:08) lead the way for Metea. They travel to Leroy Oakes Forest Preserve to participate in the St. Charles North Invitational next Saturday.

Girls’ Cross Country (Nick Vallejo) 

The girls’ team played at the Harvest Christian Academy Midseason Invitational this past Saturday. Metea won the team race with senior Keleey Behr (19:13) and sophomore Maya Hall (20:55). Their next meet is at the St. Charles North Invitational on Saturday.

Boys’ Football (Nick Vallejo) 

The Metea football team played away at Waubonsie this past Friday. The first half was tight between the two teams. Then, the game ended with a solid win from Metea of 24-13. Their next game is against Neuqua at home.

Boys’ Golf (Max Berglind)

Metea competed valiantly in their conference tournament this past Thursday. They came up one shot short, and placed second. Regionals will take place at Orchard Valley Golf Course on Wednesday.

Girls’ Golf (Grace Davidson)

The team went up against Batavia and won with a total score of 165 last Monday. Top shooters were junior Macey Martin (40), junior Abby Terada and sophomore Pranvi Kakkar (41), and sophomore Kylie Hallissey (43). The girls’ als o beat Waubonsie for a 6-2 conference score and 10-2 overall score making the best overall/conference record in Metea girls’ golf history on Tuesday. The Mustangs attended the DVC Conference Championship on Wednesday and they placed second overall. The girls have Regionals on Thursday, and Sectionals start next Monday. 

Boys’ Soccer (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs went up against Neuqua last Tuesday and lost 2-1. They proceeded to beat East Aurora 4-2 on Thursday. The team pulled out one last win against Marmion 2-1 on Saturday. The boys’ will face North on Tuesday and Oswego East on Saturday. 

Girls’ Swim and Dive (Grace Davidson) 

The girls’ first went up against Neuqua on Friday. The team won the first race of the night, the 200 yard medley relay, but lost the next three races. After winning the 100-yard butterfly, the Mustangs ran dry and the Wildcats dominated the game with a win of 125-61. The Mustangs then attended the Downers Grove South Invite and placed third overall on Saturday. Coming up the girls’ have have a meet at Lake Park on Wednesday and at Naperville North on Thursday. 

Girls’ Tennis (Grace Cronin)

The Mustangs competed against Naperville North losing 7-0 last Tuesday. They would go up against Wheaton Warrenville South with another tough loss of 6-1 on Wednesday. The girls’ would head to the Evanston Tournament, where they would place third, beating Vernon Hills 4-1 on Saturday. Their next game is against Naperville Central this Thursday.

Girls’ Volleyball (Grace Cronin) 

The girls’ continue to dominate their season winning against DeKalb in two matches 25-7, 25-18 last Tuesday. As well as, beating Waubonsie in two matches 25-12, 25-22 on Thursday. They continued their great work at the Kaneland Invite, where they beat the Knights at the finals in three matches, winning the championship. The Mustangs will play against Naperville North this Thursday.