Weekly Sports Beats 2/28-3/2

Grace Davidson and Grace Cronin

Boys’ Swim and Dive (Grace Cronin)

The boys’ finished their season placing No. 19 overall at State with 23 points on Saturday. In the relays, the team was able to place No. 15 out of 30 in the 200 free and No. 17 out of 33 in the 400 free. Individually, Senior Tyler Leslie placed No. 14 in the 200 free and No. 31 in the 100 free and senior Geroge Wang was able to place No. 34 in the 50 free and No. 23 in the 100 free. Junior Jaeddan Gamilla placed fourth in the 200 IM and third in the 100 breaststroke.

Boys’ Track and Field (Grace Cronin)

The boys’ competed at the Hononegah meet on Saturday. Great accomplishments were made for the boys as senior Jalen Johnson won both the 60m dash and 200m, sophomore Rameez Abrar set the new freshman/ sophomore indoor school record as he took second in the 800m run, and the 4×200 Relay took first place with a season best time of 1:37.00. Their next game is at Romeoville on Friday.

Girls’ Track and Field (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs had a meet against Plainfield North last Friday. In the 55m dash sophomore Kyla Harris placed second and senior Maria Lambert placed third. Harris also placed second in the 400m. Senior Sarah Maggio placed second in the 800m with a time of 2:29.14 and senior Keeley Behr placed first in the 1600m with a time of 5:34 and sophomore Maya Hall placed third in the same category. The girls’ next meet is the North Central College Cardinal Classic on Thursday. The team also has the Pete Hiemsath Invite on Saturday.