Weekly Sports Beats 3/21-3/27

Girls’ Badminton (Grace Cronin)

The girls’ competed against Glenbard North this past Monday and in the Joliet Central Birds of Steel Invite last Saturday. Their next match is against Wheaton Warrenville South on Tuesday.

Boys’ Baseball (Max Berglind)

The baseball team’s game against Glenbard East got rained out this past Saturday. The Mustangs play Bolingbrook on Monday, St. Charles on Thursday, and West Chicago on Saturday.

Boys’ Lacrosse (Grace Davidson)

The team’s next game is against Wheaton Warrenville South on Tuesday. Then, they go on to play Wheaton North on Thursday. 

Girls’ Lacrosse (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs started off the season with a 16-7 win against Lake Zurich last Monday. The girls’ then went on to win 12-7 in a game against Minooka last Wednesday. Their next game is against St. Charles East today. They also face Lincoln Way Central on Wednesday. 

Girls’ Soccer (Grace Davidson)

So far this season girls’ soccer has been dominating. Their first game was against Oswego last Tuesday. The Mustangs pulled a 4-1 win. Now, the team is playing in the Wheaton North Tourney where so far they are undefeated. The girls’ first faced Benet and won 2-1. Next up was Carl Sandburg who fell and lost to the Mustangs 6-0 on Saturday. The team’s next match in the tourney is against Plainfield North on Tuesday. 

Girls’ Softball (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs started off their season with a tough 18-3 loss against Plainfield Central last Tuesday. The girls’ lost their next game 5-3 against Plainfield East last Thursday. Their next game is against West Chicago today. They also play Addison Trail  on Tuesday, and Lake Park on Thursday. 

Boys’ Track and Field (Grace Cronin)

The team participated in the DVC Conference finishing fourth overall with a score of 92 points on Friday. In this conference, 32 personal records were set for the Mustangs and five school records were broken. Senior Jalen Johnson broke the school record in the 55 meter hurdles and 200 meter dash. Sophomore Rameez Abrar broke the freshman/sophomore record in the 800 meter run and sophomore Jalien Shegog in the long and triple jump. The boys’ next meet is the Plainfield North quad on April 5.

Girls’ Track and Field (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs had the DVC Indoor Championship last Thursday. Senior Maria Lambert placed first and sophomore Kyla Harris placed third in the 55 meter dash. Harris would also go on to place first in the 200 meter and the 400 meter, both setting personal bests. Senior Sarah Maggio placed second in the 3200 meters. Metea also placed second in the 4×800 relay with juniors Lena Lee and Shriya Pringle as well as sophomores Shrina Bijjam and Gianna Mabulay. Sophomore Sydni Ellison-Muse placed second in shot put with 9.95 meters. Sophomore Annastasia Murphy placed second and Kelli Blissett placed third in the high jump. After all 15 events Metea placed third overall with a score of 114. The team’s next meet is the Mustang Invite on April 9. 

Boys’ Water Polo (Grace Cronin)

The Mustangs competed against Lockport where they won with a score of 20-5 last Monday. The boys’ would then go up against Andrew high school with a tough loss of 13-11 on Wednesday. Their next game is against Waubonsie Valley on Tuesday.

Girls’ Water Polo (Grace Davidson)

The girls’ won their game against Lockport 10-9 last Monday. The Mustang’s next opponent was Andrew on Thursday. The team ended up beating Andrew 9-7. The girls’ face Waubonsie on Tuesday, Carl Sandburg on Wednesday, and Lincoln Way East on Thursday.