Weekly Sports Beats 4/25-5/1

Boys’ Baseball (Nick Vallejo)

The boys’ played their senior night game against Neuqua Valley this past Thursday. Neuqua took the win with a score of 10-2. The Mustangs’ next game is against Naperville North today.

Boys’ Lacrosse (Max Berglind)

The Mustangs are at home against Geneva today and play Naperville Central on Wednesday.

Girls’ Lacrosse (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs won against Montini 15-11 last Monday, however the scores were flipped that Wednesday when they lost 15-11 to Naperville North. The girls’ ended their week with a strong 12-3 against Mother McAuley on Thursday. Their next game is today against Geneva. The team also will play Naperville Central on Wednesday and Huntley on Friday. 

Girls’ Soccer (Grace Davidson)

The team won their game 2-1 against Neuqua last Monday. Then, the girls’ played for the Body Armor title in a match against Maine South where they won 4-2 this past Sunday. Their next game is Tuesday against Naperville North. The team will also play Waubonsie on Friday. 

Girls’ Softball (Grace Cronin)

The girls’ started off their week playing against Naperville Central where they lost 11-1 on Monday. Their next game was against DeKalb. The girls won with a score of 15-0 last Tuesday. They finished off their week playing against Waubonsie, winning 6-5 on Thursday. The girls’ next game is today against Neuqua.

Boys’ Tennis (Max Berglind)

The boys’ tennis team won 4-3 against Neuqua in a close match on Thursday. They followed that game up with a 5-2 domination of Lincoln-Way East. They face Jacob high school tomorrow, have their senior night at home on Wednesday, face Naperville Central on Thursday, and will participate in the NaperValley Invite on Friday and Saturday. 

Boys’ Track and Field (Grace Cronin)

The boys’ competed at the DVC Tri Meet against Waubonsie and Neuqua on Tuesday. Their next meet was the Waubonsie Red Ribbon meet where they placed eighth overall with a score of 44 points on Saturday. The boys 4×200 meter relay including senior Nikolas Russell, junior Arthur Cox III and sophomores Lucas Van Vlerah and Daniel Pere finished first with a season best time of 1:31.63. Their next meet is against Oswego East this Friday.

Girls’ Track and Field (Grace Davidson)

The team had the Triangular Invite last Tuesday which included Neuqua and Naperville North. Sophomore Kyla Harris placed second in the 100 meters and 200 meters as well as placing first in the 400 meters. Senior Sarah Maggio placed first in the 1600 meters. Sophomore Gianna Mabulay placed first in the 3200 meters and junior Kelli Blissett placed third in hurdles. Then, the girls’ attended the annual Tiger Invite on Friday. Sophomore Maya Hall placed sixth in the 800 meters.  The highest placing of the invite by Metea was sophomore Annastasia Murphy who placed second in high jump. Metea overall placed 19 out of 20 teams. The girls’ have their DVC Conference Championship this Thursday. 

Boys’ Volleyball (Max Berglind)

The Mustangs went 2-1 last week. They won against Neuqua on Tuesday in three sets, lost to Benet in three on Thursday, and bounced back with a three-set win on Friday against Naperville North. Their next face off is against Naperville Central tomorrow. 

Boys’ Water Polo (Grace Cronin)

The boys’ played against Schaumburg where they won 18-2 on Monday. They continued their week playing against Hinsdale Central, winning 19-6 last Tuesday. Their next game was the Prospect tournament on Friday and Saturday. The Mustangs compete against Riverside Brookfield on Thursday.

Girls’ Water Polo (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs won 21-4 against Schaumburg last Monday. The girls’ also won their senior night 10-6 against Hinsdale Central last Thursday. The team played two matches this past weekend and lost 9-7 to Maine South and lost 13-3 against Prospect. Their next game is against Riverside Brookfield this Thursday and the girls’ also have the Mustang Varsity Tournament this Friday and Saturday.