Weekly Sports beats – 5/9-5/13

Girls’ Badminton (Grace Cronin)

The girls’ became sectional champions last Thursday. Their next match is state which begins May 12.

Boys’ Baseball (Nick Vallejo)

The boys’ played against Naperville North this past Wednesday. The Huskies took the lead at 2-0. . Metea gets one more point but Naperville North ends with a comfortable win of 12-3. They play Naperville Central Monday, Today, and Thursday. 

Boys’ Lacrosse (Max Berglind)

The Mustangs will have three games later this week. One at Neuqua Valley on Wednesday, and the other two at home against St. Charles East on upcoming Monday and Downers Grove South on Saturday.

Girls’ Lacrosse (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs won 16-10 against Geneva last Monday. Next, they played Naperville Central and won 17-4 last Wednesday. For their final match of the week, the girls’ went up against Huntley this past Friday. The team was able to pull off their third win of the week ending with a score of 19-13. This week the girls’ play Neuqua Valley in back-to-back matches on Wednesday and Thursday.

Girls’ Soccer (Grace Davidson)

The girls’ pulled out a 3-1 win against Naperville North last Tuesday. The team’s next match-up was against Waubonsie this past Friday. Once again the Mustangs triumphed, winning 3-0. The girls’ currently hold first place in the DVC, ranking 4-0. The team faces long time rival Naperville Central this Tuesday, and then Hinsdale Central on Thursday. 

Girls’ Softball (Grace Cronin)

The team started off their week playing against Neuqua where they lost 9-2 on Monday. Their next game was against Naperville North, the girls’ lost 3-0. The team finished off their week playing against Batavia on Friday. Their next game is today against DeKalb.

Boys’ Tennis (Grace Davidson)

The Mustangs next match up is their DVC championship on Friday and Saturday. 

Boys’ Track and Field (Grace Cronin)

The boys’ competed at the Oswego East Invite on Friday. The team took third overall with 64 points. Their next meet is the Naperville Central conference on Friday.

Girls’ Track and Field (Grace Davidson)

The team had their DVC conference championship this past Thursday. Senior Maria Lambert placed second and sophomore Kyla Harris placed third in the 100 meters. Harris also placed third in the 200 meters and first in the 400 meters. The team also managed to place second in the 4×100 relay with senior Kelli Upton, Lambert, Harris, and freshman Paula Capskaja. The Mustangs also took second place in the 4×200 relay with Upton, Capskaja, as well as sophomores Makayla Murrell and Molly Beardsley. The girls’ placed third in the 4×400 relay with runners, Upton, Capskaja, sophomore Maya Hall, and senior Sarah Maggio. Sophomore Sydni Ellison-Muse placed third in shot put as well as second in discus. Sophomore Annastasia Murphy placed first in high jump. Overall, the Mustangs placed fourth with a score of 102. Sectionals will be held this Thursday.

Boys’ Volleyball (Grace Davidson)

The boys’ won in two sets against Plainfield South, Benet and won 2-1 sets against Wheaton North last Saturday. Their next match is their sponsor night against Waubonsie Valley on Tuesday and their senior night against Wheaton Warrenville South on Wednesday. 

Boys’ Water Polo (Grace Cronin)

The Mustangs played against Riverside Brookfield for their senior night last Thursday. The team won 22-10 with the combined scores from seniors Gavin Bickner, Tony Finch, Evan Lopez, Jacob Henkle, Yehia El Touny, and Tyler Lesile. Goalie senior Will Sinzheimer was also able to make eight saves during the game. The boys’ finished off their week playing in the varsity tournament on Friday and Saturday.

Girls’ Water Polo (Grace Davidson)

The team went up against Riverside Brookfield and won 14-9 last Thursday. The girls’ then had the Mustang varsity tournament on Friday and Saturday. They won 8-7 against Sandburg in one of their games this past Saturday. Next, the girls’ have sectionals at St. Charles North on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.