Senior Road Trip unites class for a final farewell

Senior Road Trip

As seniors, there’s not much we look forward to other than prom and graduation, but Metea’s third annual Senior Road Trip gave the class of 2014 a sentimental farewell.

“At first, no one was really excited because so many people talked down about it, but once we were all actually there, everyone was extremely surprised,” senior Abbey Colclasure said.

Upon entering the building, many students were surprised at the state of our school, almost unrecognizable because of decorations. “I forgot I was even at Metea because of how well decorated everything was. It all felt like a dream to me,” senior Veronica Villa said.

Senior Road Trip offered many other surprises as well, aside from amazingly thought out decorations and activities: all put together by the PTSA and parent volunteers.

“It was a great opportunity to hang out with friends and have an event that’s just strictly for seniors, since prom is for both juniors and seniors,” Colclasure added.

Students also wore clothing from the colleges they would be attending, allowing everyone to see their future classmates and supporting their friends at their future schools. “It was really cool to see all the colleges everyone was going to because it gives you an opportunity to talk to people you might not have before,” senior Jason Piske said.

As the night, or very early morning, came to an end, many found themselves sad at the thought of these four long years coming to a close.

“All students should go to Senior Road Trip when they have the chance, it’s the last time you really have to hang out with all your friends and as a class,” Villa added.

• T

Thomas EnsmingerApr 28, 2014 at 8:11 am

I could not agree more Conor. I cannot wait until me and you can go to senior road trip and hang out together! Itll be the time of my life!