Humans of Metea: Abigail Hervey

Chloe Stables

Sophomore Abigail Hervey is involved in the school community through her passion for music and water sports.

Chloe Stables, Spotlight Reporter

Sophomore Abigail Hervey is involved in the school community through her passion for music and water sports. Keep reading to learn more about her experiences at Metea.

What activities or sports are you involved in?

I am involved in many activities at school. Sportswise, I am a part of the girls’ swim and water polo teams. I also participate in the music program and its extracurricular activities. Sometimes, I volunteer in the Best Buddies classrooms during my lunch period. 

How was your water polo season?

This was my second year playing water polo and I thought we had a great season. We won most of our games and throughout the season our team bonded. Of the two seasons I have played, this season is definitely my favorite because my team this year built such a strong and positive environment so it was fun.  

What were your experiences like as a part of the music program?

My experiences so far have been amazing. I love the program and I enjoy being able to sing and make music every day. I am involved with Treble Choir, Madrigals, United Voices and Tri-M. They all have positive environments so I look forward to continuing these extracurriculars in the future. 

What do you plan to pursue in the future?

I have a strong passion for teaching and I love being around children. I plan to become a teacher in the future and I can imagine myself teaching elementary education or preschool. 

Is there anyone you want to shout out?

I want to give a shout-out to my friend Emma Kruzel. She has been my friend for a while now but she never fails to make me excited for water polo. I also want to thank her for being an amazing goalie this season, we could not have done it without her.