The upcoming prom sparks both stress and excitement in seniors

Ell Macias
With prom approaching, students are faced with the anticipation of activities such as dress or outfit shopping.

The prom, which is held on April 26th, is right around the corner, and seniors’ preparations are underway. Although, there’s a lot to get done before the event, such as Promposals, dress shopping, after-party plans, and much more. Everything starts to come together and the fun event starts to seem a little more stressful. 

Dress shopping seems to be the biggest problem when it comes to prom. Though prom is in less than a month, most students are still scrambling to find something to wear. Senior Taylor Covington is one of the many students who are on the hunt for a prom dress.

“I’m still currently looking as we speak,” Covington said. “It’s been very stressful because I don’t want anyone to have the same dress as me and it’s very hard to find something that looks how I had envisioned it.” 

Although some students have their dresses ready to go, they still find that the process of getting one is harder than it needs to be. Senior Aryanna Mong finds that prom preparations can weigh on the mind. 

“Prom is fun and I like it, but it’s also very stressful. I found [my dress] online and it was like, 120 dollars.” Mong said.

The pricing of prom and prom dresses is another factor that unnerves students. Some even elect to not go to prom at all because of it. Senior Cole Vallandingham feels that not attending prom can be just as fun and worth it as going. 

“I’m already split between saving up for college and thinking of picking up another job,” Vallandingham said. “I don’t have the time to spend a couple hundred on prom. My friends are in a similar situation and we decided to spend a night together instead. I can see why [prom] is fun depending on who you’re going with. If it weren’t for the pricing, I’d go.” 

Though prom can definitely be stressful to plan for, it is still an enjoyable and once-in-a-lifetime experience. 

“Prom is a memorable experience for seniors, and it’s going to be something that will always be fun and enjoyable, even the after parties,” Covington said. “I look forward to seeing how everyone looks and how much fun everyone is going to have.”