Get your Tickets!

Fall clubs hold their sign-ups in spring for summer activities

Ritika Khurana
The Metea Valley Dance Team posts their tryouts schedule on Instagram while the Marching Mustangs send out emails for registration.

Fall clubs, such as the Dance Team, the Marching Mustangs, the Cheer Team, and more, hold their auditions and sign-ups in late April to early May. The early registrations beg the question of why teams hold auditions now instead of at the beginning of the school year.

Dance team head coach Erin Pritchett explained that there are summer activities that they try to have their teams ready for.

“We hold auditions in the spring because we practice in the summer and go to overnight camp in the summer,” said Mrs. Pritchett. “We also do fundraisers like our car washes held at Metea Valley, service projects such as our annual back to school bash where we distribute backpacks to families in need, and we also learn our competition routine choreographer from professional instructors who come to us to teach us from all over the U.S.”

Junior Ava Kramer added that the Marching Mustangs have similar and different reasons for the early auditions.

“We did early sign-ups compared to usual this year because we’re planning a huge Disney trip,” Kramer said. “So, we have to handle the registration for that too. I’m pretty sure that another reason that these sign-ups happen so early is that they need to see how many instruments there are, set up the drill, and assign music parts. All of this comes together when we start our marching band camps during the summer, which is another reason.”

Mrs. Pritchett also mentioned ways that they connect with incoming students for the next school year, which is a concept that clubs don’t regularly have to deal with due to their clubs being in the middle of the school year.

“We send out information to the middle schools months in advance,” said Mrs. Pritchett. “We also hold additional open gyms and middle school prep to make them feel more comfortable and connected to the Metea Valley before they even attend here.”

Both the Dance Team auditions and the Marching Mustangs registration are still open.Contact Coach Pritchett at [email protected] for more information about the dance team tryouts. The Marching Mustangs registration information can be found here.