Class of 2016 kicks off final year at Senior Sunrise

MVStuGo sponsors and students worked together to plan and host the first annual Senior Sunrise Thursday morning, an event where seniors could listen to music, enjoy breakfast, and socialize with their peers at a tailgate near aquatics before school started.

Senior Sunrise was a new concept brought forth by the Senior Events Committee, a new board on MVStuGo, dedicated to helping seniors enjoy their last year at Metea.

“Senior Sunrise started just because we had a very spirited senior class that wanted to have some fun senior events, so we decided to create a group on StuGo called the Senior Events Committee, and they’ve just been coming up with ideas of fun things to make their senior year a little bit more memorable,” Senior Events Committee sponsor Ashley Abruscato said.

Along with $1 refreshments, seniors were able to listen to music, take pictures, and catch up with one another.

“It’s really fun, it’s nice to see everybody after being gone for three months,” senior Emma Pulgine said.

Senior Sunrise is the first event of the numerous “lasts” seniors will experience before graduating high school.

“I know that everything is going to be my last, which is kind of crazy to think about,” Pulgine added. “Senior Road Trip and Prom are two really huge events at the end of the year.”

The Senior Events Committee is currently planning an alternative event to replace the annual Senior Boat Cruise.

By Prashant Shankar                                                                                                               Online Writer                                                                                                                

Photo courtesy of Alena Edwards