Football season ends with another year full of memories

As the football season came to an end last week with its last game against Lincoln-Way Central High School, students were able to enjoy the Friday night lights and kick off the school year with new and exciting memories.

“The best part of football games is that it’s a time for the school to come together, rally behind our teams, and show school pride,” junior Kendall Zavadovics said.

Football can easily become a student’s favorite fall sport because of the amount of energy and enthusiasm that flows throughout the Mustang stadium. From the concession and apparel stands at home games to being in the student section and cheering the team on, students were able to make the memories while showing school spirit and pride.

Many of the parents, teachers, and future Mustangs from the Metea community also come and fill up the bleachers with pride and school spirit to support and cheer on the varsity football team every Friday. Whether they play at home or away at other schools in the DuPage Valley Conference, support can continuously be seen.

“Freshman year, I would come [to the games] because it was just another fun experience. In high school, there are experiences like Prom and Homecoming that you don’t forget, and I feel like football games are one of those [experiences],” Zavadovics said.

No matter if the team wins or loses, the experience of being at the games in the bleachers or on the field can still have a positive outcome of a great Friday night. From each of the home games in the Mustang Stadium to traveling the longer distance to support the varsity team, football will always be a school favorite sport that kicks off each school year with the memories that can last a lifetime.

View Comments (1)
Kellie Foy
Kellie Foy, Magazine Editor-in-Chief
Kellie is a senior entering her third year of the Stampede. She is the Magazine Editor-in-Chief and has been a sports writer for the past two years. She also participates in National English Honor Society and Aspiring Authors and is a FreshConnect mentor. Outside her natural habitat of the newspaper room, she can be found at church working retreats, sleeping, petting every dog in site, or on Twitter (@kellie_foy).

• T

Turner SmithOct 26, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Go go Metea Media

Reply