Weekly Sports Update: 11/28 – 12/2

Kainin Blissett

Girls’ Basketball By Kellie Foy
This past week, the sophomore girls basketball team fell short 26-32 against Naperville North High School. The varsity team fought hard and lost 56-63 against rival Neuqua Valley. The team kept up the hard work and beat Naperville North High School 57-51 for their first win of the season. This Tuesday, they are at home against Naperville Central. On Thursday, they’ll go on the road to play Wheaton North. On Saturday, they are home against rival Waubonsie Valley.

Boys’ Basketball By Connor Smith
This past Friday, the varsity boys rolled past the Wildcats in the Neuqua gym to a well-deserved 58-44 win. Four players reached double digits in points, including 15 from senior Jeremy Hunter, 13 from sophomore Payton Thorne, and 10 from senior Ashton Creal and sophomore Ethan Helwig. Coach Matt Walpole was proud of the team’s hard work ethic and strong performance in this rivalry win.

Boys’ Swim and Dive By Prashant Shankar
Over Thanksgiving break, the swim team had a few practices, but took the rest of the week off for vacation. On Saturday, the varsity team won the Stevenson Patriots relay meet, which was their first invite of the season.

Boys’ Wrestling By Peter Hinds
Last week, the varsity team finished the week with a record of 2-2. The team had a dual meet on Friday where they lost to Neuqua, then 3 more meets on Saturday, where the boys won two and lost one.

Cheer By Kainin Blissett
The cheer team had their first competition this past weekend. Junior varsity took 4th place at the Barrington competition, while varsity took 3rd place at the Sandburg competition.

Girls’ Bowling By Maddie Crabtree
On Saturday, girls’ bowling participated at the J-Hawk girls invite at Rockford, where they placed 14th overall. Standout performances include a 513 overall performance by Izabelle Neuenkirchen and and a 181 game by Gianna Mickolalyck.