Weekly Sports Update: 2/27 – 3/3

Kainin Blissett

Girls’ Track By Connor Smith
This past Saturday, both the varsity and junior varsity girls participated in the Pete Heimsath invitational at Batavia High School, along with seven other schools in the Chicagoland area. Success was seen from both levels, and they will look to keep up the momentum as they will participate in a meet with Waubonsie Valley this Saturday at Oswego.

Boys’ Track By Connor Smith
This past Thursday, both the varsity and junior varsity teams participated in the Plainfield East Quad with Neuqua Valley and St. Rita High School of Chicago at Plainfield East. On Saturday, members of the varsity team traveled to Purdue University in Indiana to participate in the West Lafayette individuals invite. Some individual highlights included senior Alonzo-Taylor Jones breaking the record for the varsity indoor 200 with a time of 23.31 seconds, and freshman Virgil Steward setting a new record for the F/S 200 with a time of 23.94 seconds. Both teams have a meet this Friday at Wheaton North High School.

Boys’ Water Polo By Sameen Ali
Boys’ water polo held their tryouts last week, and have their first game on Monday.

Girls’ Water Polo By Kellie Foy
Girls’ water polo started its season this past week. Their first game is Monday, March 6 at Hinsdale South. They also have a game Wednesday, March 8 at Lincoln-Way West. They have the Naperville Quad tournament on Friday and Saturday at home.

Girls’ Lacrosse By Kellie Foy
This past week, girls lacrosse started its season. The teams have their first games next week at home.

Baseball By Sameen Ali
The baseball program held their tryouts last week.

Badminton By Kellie Foy
Girls’ badminton held its tryouts, and kicked off the start of its season this past week for the girls’ badminton teams. The teams have their first games towards the end of next week.

• K

KPMar 17, 2017 at 9:03 am

Why was I cut from tennis? I had a 4-0 record but everyone I played lied about the score and said that I was actually 0-4. The people I beat got in but I didn’t. The selection process is rigged and must be fixed if Metea wants to be even remotely close to good in tennis. P.S. Country Music is Trash

• M

men's volleyball player.Mar 8, 2017 at 11:25 am

cool, I guess men’s volleyball isn’t a sport either.

• L

Left out tennis playerMar 7, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Why is there no information on tennis?? We are a sport too.

• A

AnonMar 8, 2017 at 11:44 am

I’m assuming they aren’t discussing sports that are still in tryouts, for example Volleyball wasn’t mentioned either

• A

AnonMar 8, 2017 at 11:49 am

My bad, didn’t see that baseball was mentioned. Oh well, honestly it doesn’t matter

• A

anonMar 9, 2017 at 7:44 am

Not really, Tennis isn’t an important sport that pushes Metea’s athletic department forward. Don’t be upset that you chose to participate in a sport that has little to no importance to the Metea Media team.

• L

Left out tennis playerMar 15, 2017 at 12:38 pm

But Badminton is a sport that pushes metea’s athletic department forward?? I am almost certain that I can beat most of the badminton team and I have never played.

• A

A Tennis playerMar 13, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Boys Tennis: Played Around the world and Bobsled in 30mph winds

• T

Tony KhouriMar 7, 2017 at 8:12 am

When will boys lacrosse be acknowledged??

• D

Dylan GrahamMar 10, 2017 at 9:33 am

I completely agree Tony. This page needs some editing!

• S

supMar 6, 2017 at 8:23 pm

why was there no article on swimming for sectionals and state but one for conference and very little said about guys polo but a lot for girls?

• J

Just a guy who wants to know whats going on with the spring sportsMar 6, 2017 at 10:34 am

Sameen with the good updates, much appreciated for those quality segments on Boy’s Water Polo and Baseball. And to think he used an average of under 12 words for each sport, all I can say is perfect coverage.

• A

A polo playerMar 6, 2017 at 10:33 am

can connor smith write the boys polo one too?

Weekly Sports Update: 2/27 – 3/3