Weekly Sports Update: 4/17 – 4/21

Kainin Blissett

Boys’ Track By Connor Smith
Both varsity and junior varsity hosted a meet this past Tuesday against Glenbard North at Mustang Stadium. On Friday, the varsity team traveled to Wheaton-Warrenville South to participate in the “Red Grange Invite.” With only two weeks remaining until the DuPage Valley Conference Meet on May 11, the teams will look to put forth their best effort as they will travel to Waubonsie this upcoming Tuesday for a meet with the Warriors, as well as Lake Park High School.

Girls’ Track By Connor Smith
This past Tuesday, both the varsity and junior varsity teams traveled to Glenbard North for a meet, while varsity traveled to Neuqua on Friday for the annual “Neuqua Valley Invite”. As both teams have the DuPage Valley Conference Meet quickly approaching on May 4 at Wheaton-Warrenville South, they will look to demonstrate their best talent this upcoming Tuesday for a home meet at Mustang Stadium.

Boys’ Water Polo By Sameen Ali
Last week, boys’ water polo had one game against Naperville Central on Tuesday and played in a tournament over the weekend. It was a tough game for both varsity and JV, and although the teams played hard, the Redhawks won on both levels. The boys will be up against Hinsdale Central Thursday, and on Saturday, varsity will compete at the St. Charles North tournament and JV at the Waubonsie Valley tournament.

Girls’ Water Polo By Kellie Foy
This past Friday and Saturday, the girls’ varsity water polo team won all three games in its Valley Varsity Tournament at home. On Thursday, they play away at Hinsdale Central. They play away at Hoffman Estates on Saturday.

Girls’ Lacrosse By Kellie Foy
This past week, the girls’ varsity lacrosse team won against rival Naperville Central, winning 12-10. They lost to St. Charles, losing 5-20. They fell short to rival Naperville North, losing 11-20. The team lost to St. Viator, losing 9-12. This week, the girls’ lacrosse teams play Palatine on Wednesday at Waubonsie and Nazareth on Thursday at Waubonsie.

Badminton By Kellie Foy
The girls’ badminton unit ended its regular season this past week. The varsity badminton team beat Glenbard North, winning 14-1. The JV team also won to Glenbard North, winning 13-2. The freshman team won to Glenbard North, winning 12-3. The varsity team place fifth overall at the top team tournament all season. The JV team finished in third with three individual first place finishes. Thursday is the DuPage Valley Conference tournament for doubles teams at Naperville Central. Saturday is the DuPage Valley Conference tournament for individual teams at Naperville Central as well.

Baseball By Sameen Ali
Last Monday, boys’ baseball played in the final game of the series against Naperville Central. Both of the freshman teams won against the Redhawks – Freshman A came on top 10-5 and Freshman B won 5-1. On Wednesday, the boys were up against Aurora Christian High School, where both the varsity and sophomore teams won their games. The boys played in a series against Wheaton North that began on Thursday. The sophomores lost Game 1, but varsity defeated the Falcons 7-0, Freshman A won 7-3, and Freshman B won 10-8. Although the Mustangs played hard during the rest of the series, they were beat by North in Games 2 and 3, with one exception – the sophomores were split with a loss and a win on Saturday. This week, all levels will play in a series with Waubonsie Valley, and later, against Lake Park.

Softball By Peter Hinds
JV and varsity both had 5 games last week. One game was Hinsdale central; JV won 18-2 and varsity lost 7-8. Next game was vs Benet, and both teams won. Waubonsie beat JV, but varsity ended up beating them. JV lost their game against Wheaton North, losing 3-13, and varsity won. JV lost against Lake Park, but varsity won. At a tournament over the weekend, JV unfortunately lost 4 out of the 4 games they had.

Volleyball By Peter Hinds
The volleyball team has a game Tuesday against Naperville Central at home this upcoming week, and on Thursday at home vs Willowbrook. Next weekend get will be a tournament at York on Friday and Saturday.

• M

Michael FerjakApr 24, 2017 at 7:49 am

Ultimate frisbee

Weekly Sports Update: 4/17 – 4/21