Kylie Jenner’s quick transition into adulthood questions the behavior of teenagers everywhere

Kylie Jenners quick transition into adulthood questions the behavior of teenagers everywhere

[quote]By Sushmitha Suresh
Online Writer[/quote]

Lately it seems the word “kid” is not in Kylie Jenner’s vocabulary. The celebrity is continuing to wow our generation with adult actions in her life day by day. But, is it really worth it to cross the line from teenager to adult so quickly?

Jenner is only seven months older than me but she has already released her own clothing collection, bought a $2.7 million mansion, and is dating a man eight years older than her. Though there’s nothing wrong with the age difference once you’re older, it was illegal up until Jenner’s 18th birthday, which was Aug. 10 of this year. Once she had reached her height of fame, Jenner decided to get home schooled and she did graduate, but she definitely did not live the normal life of a teenager studying for the anatomy quiz, or struggling through derivatives.

Why are her antics so attractive to the teenage mind? Her constant partying and her so-called adult life? The fact that she was already a fashion icon by age 17? Why are people so enamoured with this subjectively glamorous life?

Sure, it’s important to grow up and mature. But, it’s also important to act our age. Kids follow Jenner’s actions blindly, without thinking about the difference in the reality star’s situation from their own life. The new cool thing to do is go to clubs in Chicago and do things that are actually meant for people much older than us.

Jenner puts on an image of some kind of teenage maturity, but we have to understand that this doesn’t truly exist. We’re allowed to do kid things because we have the time. We have time to live the Kylie Jenner lifestyle, or something close to it and that time is not now. Right now, we get to enjoy the pleasures of the high schooler’s life.

People in their late twenties talk fondly of their high school memories, and not because they were spent in a club but because they were just that: high school memories. Things that they did before they were subjected to the college life or even the adult life. Disney channel movies, haunted houses, and game nights, that’s what we get to do now.

Why can’t we just go get ice cream and watch High School Musical? We’re allowed to grow up, but not to the extent where we throw away our childhood all of a sudden. We’re still allowed to be kids. We should cherish it.

Jenner doesn’t really have a choice. She’s a TV personality, someone who is expected to grow up faster than all of us. She has to do something crazy in order to stay relevant. We, however, don’t. We are allowed to be teenagers and hold on to our youth for as long as we can. So while Kylie Jenner is ordering her martini at 1 OAK, her favorite LA night club, I’ll be over here singing songs by a bonfire.

• N

NurahOct 15, 2015 at 1:37 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I LOVE U SUSHMITHA!!!!