Humans of Metea: Nikhil Venkat

Christina Guckel

Nikhil Venkat shares his experiences from Youth and Government.

Ollie Shuminas, Spotlight Reporter

Senior Nikhil Venkat is involved in Speech, Tri-M, Apollo, and MV Connect. He is also the Youth Chief Justice in Youth and Government. Keep reading to learn more about his experiences here at Metea.

What is your favorite memory from one of the many activities you are involved in?

My favorite memory is probably Springfield for Youth and Government during my sophomore year. Going down to the capital for the first time, meeting people from all over the state, having a blast at Mandatory Fun Night, and just overall gaining those experiences that you really can not find anywhere else.

Who has inspired you to be the best version of yourself?

To be honest, my parents did. They have pretty high expectations of me, but they also do not put pressure on me which seems impossible but is not. In a way, they inspired me to push myself to be the best I can be.

How has being a student here at Metea set you up for success?

I feel that the people you surround yourself with shape the kind of person you become, and the people at Metea are some of the most overachieving and motivated people I know. Yes, it gets a little stressful when people around you are so amazing, but it sets the standard and helps everyone become amazing in their own way.

Is there anyone you would like to say a few words to?

To people in any year of high school. I know it sounds generic, but go for it! No matter what it is, no matter how scary, nerve-wracking, or unknown it might be. Just go for it. There is no better time to find your groove, and there is no better time to try and discover what kind of person you are and what kind of person you want to be. If you are still unsure, there are always people around you that can help you and want nothing more than to see you be your best self.

What is a message you can give to other high schoolers?

Just because something has not been done before by you or by anyone does not mean you can not do it. Run for that position, start that club, try out for that sport. Just do whatever makes you happy. Put yourself out there, and have fun with these four years. They go by fast.

If you enjoyed reading about Nikhil Venkat, please fill out this form to be one of the next Humans Of Metea!